Question

ryans1234

Question
When i install Windows Vista will it automatically find all the drivers and
install them???

And

I am buying the full version not upgrade...and will it just put the new
Vista on my computer right over the XP and delete my whole hard drive????
wheelman

RE: Question
if your drivers for your dvd or cd are old..you will need new software..i had
to go out and buy a new dvd burner,with a 2007 roxia software approved for
vista..then it reconized..drive d and e..erase the hard drive,do a full
install.anything that will work with vista..it will do the driver
thing...make sure you use system restore,if everything ..turns out ok..may
save you from doing a secound install

"ryans1234" wrote:

> When i install Windows Vista will it automatically find all the drivers and
> install them???
>
> And
>
> I am buying the full version not upgrade...and will it just put the new
> Vista on my computer right over the XP and delete my whole hard drive????

John Inzer

Re: Question
ryans1234 wrote:
> When i install Windows Vista will it automatically find all the
> drivers and install them???
>
> And
>
> I am buying the full version not upgrade...and will it just put the
> new Vista on my computer right over the XP and delete my whole hard
> drive????

======================================
Maybe the following links will be useful.

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
http://tinyurl.com/27pekc

Windows Vista -
Installing and reinstalling Windows
http://tinyurl.com/22et6f

Windows Vista:
Help and How-to
Hardware and drivers
http://tinyurl.com/ytka5g

Windows Vista -
Troubleshoot Windows
installation problems
http://tinyurl.com/3ca74m

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

ryans1234

Re: Question
okay good cuz i dont have any of the cd's for the drivers or hardware.....and
right now with xp my computer wont even turn on (virus)
John Barnes

Re: Question
You should delete partition that XP is on and create and format a new
partition for Vista.

"ryans1234" <ryans1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay good cuz i dont have any of the cd's for the drivers or
> hardware.....and
> right now with xp my computer wont even turn on (virus)

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Question
Before installing Vista, download whatever Vista driver is required that
enable you to connect to the internet..

"ryans1234" <ryans1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay good cuz i dont have any of the cd's for the drivers or
> hardware.....and
> right now with xp my computer wont even turn on (virus)

Bruce Chambers

Re: Question
ryans1234 wrote:
> When i install Windows Vista will it automatically find all the drivers and
> install them???

If those devices' manufacturers provided the drivers to Microsoft in
order to be tested and included on the installation DVD, yes.
Otherwise, no.

> And
>
> I am buying the full version not upgrade...and will it just put the new
> Vista on my computer right over the XP and delete my whole hard drive????

You can choose to perform either a clean installation or an in-place
upgrade of the current OS, provided thattwo versions involved fit one of
the supported upgrade paths. However, a hard drive is a physical device
and no software product can possibly open the computer's case and remove
it. You'd have to do that by hand.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: