Vista Business Volumn License Key

Enzogoy

Vista Business Volumn License Key
Hi all

We bought 80 lenovo laptops and they came with Vista Business. But they
didn't come with any CD or DVD for setting it up. I prefer to reimage those
laptops coz there are so many things on it and it make the laptops slow down.
The question is how could i get the volumn license key for it?

Thanks in advance.

Enz
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista Business Volumn License Key
Talk with your Microsoft representative.
It is doubtful they were shipped with your Volume License key.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Enzogoy" <Enzogoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We bought 80 lenovo laptops and they came with Vista Business. But
> they
> didn't come with any CD or DVD for setting it up. I prefer to
> reimage those
> laptops coz there are so many things on it and it make the laptops
> slow down.
> The question is how could i get the volumn license key for it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Enz

Enzogoy

Re: Vista Business Volumn License Key
My previous manager got the volume license key from
contactus@microsoft.com.au. If I contact the Microsoft representative, she
will ask me to buy a CD and a few licenses which we doesn't need to.

Is it possible for me to contact Microsoft directly?

Thanks
enz

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Talk with your Microsoft representative.
> It is doubtful they were shipped with your Volume License key.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Enzogoy" <Enzogoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > We bought 80 lenovo laptops and they came with Vista Business. But
> > they
> > didn't come with any CD or DVD for setting it up. I prefer to
> > reimage those
> > laptops coz there are so many things on it and it make the laptops
> > slow down.
> > The question is how could i get the volumn license key for it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Enz

Enzogoy

Re: Vista Business Volumn License Key
I just contact with Microsoft and this is what they tell me to do:

+ Should have Volumn License Agreement with Microsoft.
+ Buy the Media Kit for Vista Business.
+ Buy Software Assurance for 1 Laptop (has to be purchase within 90 days
from the day i bought these laptops).

The Volumn License Key will come with the software assurance.

Thank you.
Nick Simpson

Re: Vista Business Volumn License Key
From my understanding of licensing though, the key on the license sticker
needs to match the license in the computer unless the machine has been
upgraded to a different version of the OS or its covered by volume
licensing. Since you're only buying SA for 1 laptop, only 1 laptop is
entitled to use that volume license key. The Lenovo machines that you
bought sound like OEM licenses, not volume licenses.

>I just contact with Microsoft and this is what they tell me to do:
>
> + Should have Volumn License Agreement with Microsoft.
> + Buy the Media Kit for Vista Business.
> + Buy Software Assurance for 1 Laptop (has to be purchase within 90 days
> from the day i bought these laptops).
>
> The Volumn License Key will come with the software assurance.
>
> Thank you.

Mike Brannigan

Re: Vista Business Volumn License Key
"Enzogoy" <Enzogoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> We bought 80 lenovo laptops and they came with Vista Business. But they
> didn't come with any CD or DVD for setting it up. I prefer to reimage
> those
> laptops coz there are so many things on it and it make the laptops slow
> down.
> The question is how could i get the volumn license key for it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Enz

You have purchased 80 laptops with OEM installs of Vista - that is a unique
install and key on each machine.
If you wish to reimage and use a single key then as you suggest you will
need to do so using a Volume license key and VL media.
You can only get this if you have or take out a Volume License Agreement
with Microsoft.
You don't just get a VL key and media for no reason. You have to be under
the appropriate agreement.
If you do not have a VL agreement at the moment the cheapest option would be
to take one out at the minimal level of 5 PC which would mean you end up
with 5 additional licenses for Vista and the rights to use your VL key and
media to reimage your devices.
see
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/smallbusiness.mspx

--