Manual for Vista Ultimate?

MikeG

Manual for Vista Ultimate?
I have the Vista Ultimate Upgrade CD enroute - should be here Thursday - can
anyone suggest a good book, maybe available thru Amazon.com, that I can buy
to use as a VU bible or desk reference? Thanks...Mike

Rob

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?

"MikeG" <m***dos06.nospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I have the Vista Ultimate Upgrade CD enroute - should be here Thursday -
> can anyone suggest a good book, maybe available thru Amazon.com, that I
> can buy to use as a VU bible or desk reference? Thanks...Mike

Try here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vista-Books-...R1TQLW8XYIV8G5

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

BurrWalnut

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
Download the manual here
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dows_Vista.pdf

"Rob" wrote:

> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > I have the Vista Ultimate Upgrade CD enroute - should be here Thursday -
> > can anyone suggest a good book, maybe available thru Amazon.com, that I
> > can buy to use as a VU bible or desk reference? Thanks...Mike
> >

> Try here
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vista-Books-...R1TQLW8XYIV8G5
>
> Rob
>
> --
> Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
The best one that I have read so far is Windows Vista Inside Out by Ed Bott,
Carl Siechert and Craig Stinson. (Published by Microsoft Press ISBN-13:
978-0-7356-2270-8: Price $49.99)

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"MikeG" <m***dos06.nospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have the Vista Ultimate Upgrade CD enroute - should be here Thursday -
>can anyone suggest a good book, maybe available thru Amazon.com, that I can
>buy to use as a VU bible or desk reference? Thanks...Mike

John Barnett MVP

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
BurrWalnut, the information in the pdf file referred to in the link you have
provided is more for sales staff. All that it is telling you is what
features Vista has. I have the hard copy of the book and it isn't somewhere
I would be looking for any problems I get.

--

"BurrWalnut" <BurrWalnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Download the manual here
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dows_Vista.pdf
>

> "Rob" wrote:
>

>> "MikeG" <m***dos06.nospam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> > I have the Vista Ultimate Upgrade CD enroute - should be here
>> > Thursday -
>> > can anyone suggest a good book, maybe available thru Amazon.com, that I
>> > can buy to use as a VU bible or desk reference? Thanks...Mike
>> >

>> Try here
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vista-Books-...R1TQLW8XYIV8G5
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> --
>> Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

MikeG

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
OK, just ordered it. Thanks to all. Mike
"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> The best one that I have read so far is Windows Vista Inside Out by Ed
> Bott, Carl Siechert and Craig Stinson. (Published by Microsoft Press
> ISBN-13:

John Barnes

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
Good book, and comes with a CD that you can search for items you need to
look up that aren't indexed.

> OK, just ordered it. Thanks to all. Mike
> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> The best one that I have read so far is Windows Vista Inside Out by Ed
>> Bott, Carl Siechert and Craig Stinson. (Published by Microsoft Press
>> ISBN-13:

John Barnett MVP

Re: Manual for Vista Ultimate?
Glad to be of help!