Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

Stellar

Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?
Vista

I am recieving a code: 0XC004F059

The Software Licensing Service reported that a license in the computer BIOS
is invalid.

I am assuming that this is in regards to the Motherboard BIOS?

I have the most current motherboard BIOS that is offered by ASUS.

I have contacted ASUS and they have sugested to ask Microsoft.

I'm not quite sure what to do here since everything is up to date and
legitimate.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?
You may find the information on this web site useful..

"Stellar" <Stellar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista
>

> I am recieving a code: 0XC004F059
>
> The Software Licensing Service reported that a license in the computer
> BIOS
> is invalid.
>

> I am assuming that this is in regards to the Motherboard BIOS?
>
> I have the most current motherboard BIOS that is offered by ASUS.
>
> I have contacted ASUS and they have sugested to ask Microsoft.
>
> I'm not quite sure what to do here since everything is up to date and
> legitimate.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?
You may be prompted to activate Windows Vista on a computer on which
Windows Vista was already activated by a Volume License or OEM installation:

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Stellar" wrote:

Vista

I am recieving a code: 0XC004F059

The Software Licensing Service reported that a license in the computer BIOS
is invalid.

I am assuming that this is in regards to the Motherboard BIOS?

I have the most current motherboard BIOS that is offered by ASUS.

I have contacted ASUS and they have sugested to ask Microsoft.

I'm not quite sure what to do here since everything is up to date and
legitimate.
wheelman

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?
just an idea,,but go into bios and see what your bios is set at..i think mind
is set..to force bios..i dont know if that would have anything to do with
this..but something to check and see

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> You may find the information on this web site useful..

> "Stellar" <Stellar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Vista
> >

> > I am recieving a code: 0XC004F059
> >
> > The Software Licensing Service reported that a license in the computer
> > BIOS
> > is invalid.
> >

> > I am assuming that this is in regards to the Motherboard BIOS?
> >
> > I have the most current motherboard BIOS that is offered by ASUS.
> >
> > I have contacted ASUS and they have sugested to ask Microsoft.
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what to do here since everything is up to date and
> > legitimate.

deltargon

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

i used google to check if there was any knowlegebase out there.

"Error Code: 0xC004F059
the computer BIOS is invalid."

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...-oem-computer/

--