How to...?

Paul Hamerson

How to...?
Ehem...I can't seem to activate my vista from my computers. I have three
computers at home and I bought one Win Vista OS installer. After I installed
the vista in one computer I can't seem to activate the other two. Do I need
to buy another licensed vista for my other two computers?

Thanks.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: How to...?
Yes, you need to purchase a new license for each
installation of Windows Vista installed on a different
computer.

Ordering Additional Licenses for Windows Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/default.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Paul Hamerson" wrote:

Ehem...I can't seem to activate my vista from my computers. I have three
computers at home and I bought one Win Vista OS installer. After I installed
the vista in one computer I can't seem to activate the other two. Do I need
to buy another licensed vista for my other two computers?

Thanks.
Bruce Chambers

Re: How to...?
Paul Hamerson wrote:
> Ehem...I can't seem to activate my vista from my computers. I have three
> computers at home and I bought one Win Vista OS installer. After I installed
> the vista in one computer I can't seem to activate the other two. Do I need
> to buy another licensed vista for my other two computers?

Yes, of course. You need to purchase a separate Vista license for each
computer on which you install it.

Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
technically) to purchase one Vista license for each computer on which it
is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which Vista
licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows (up until
WinXP, that is) is that Microsoft has added a copy protection and
anti-theft mechanism, Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make
more difficult) multiple installations using a single license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm