how can i activate vista

caboose2253

how can i activate vista
ok, i just reinstalled vista, and because this isnt the first time me
activating my vista, i have to call them to activate it... well when i go to
activate it, there is no opition to call microsoft....i had already done this
before with the same copy of vista on the same computer, how can i get the
phone number and my installation id and call them if i do not have to opition
to call them, i have.. buy a new product key...enter new product key.... and
call dell...when i choose call dell i get a error message... when i push
enter a new one and i put in my same id... it tells me it wont work and to
call dell.. but when i do that it doesnt work and i get that error message...
should i just reinstall vista and try to activate it again, because ive
noticed the days left to activate has gone up.. today it was at 3, then 2,
then it jumped up to 11 when i restarted my computer im confused..... help
please
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: how can i activate vista
You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"caboose2253" wrote:

[...]

i did that, it doesnt let me select the phone opition