Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QW1ldFBhbmM=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install my
licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key, the
Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup failed
to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP not
compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it accept
the Office XP installation?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
2000..


"AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
>I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install my
> licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key, the
> Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
> failed
> to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP
> not
> compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
> accept
> the Office XP installation?
>


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
=?Utf-8?B?QW1ldFBhbmM=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
Yes, it is in fact an Upgrade CD--it doesn't say that anywhere on the jewel
case, but it does say it on the intensely holographic CD label itself. It's
been so long since I last installed it, I just forgot...
What is the latest version of the Office Suite that is compatible with Vista?

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
> Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
> product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
> 2000..
>
>
> "AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
> >I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install my
> > licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key, the
> > Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
> > failed
> > to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP
> > not
> > compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
> > accept
> > the Office XP installation?
> >

>
> --
>
>
> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
Office 2007 is the latest..

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/FX100647101033.aspx


"AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EFB7B9C7-A7A8-41FD-8399-A2B15382AB87@microsoft.com...
> Yes, it is in fact an Upgrade CD--it doesn't say that anywhere on the
> jewel
> case, but it does say it on the intensely holographic CD label itself.
> It's
> been so long since I last installed it, I just forgot...
> What is the latest version of the Office Suite that is compatible with
> Vista?
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
>
>> Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
>> Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
>> product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
>> 2000..
>>
>>
>> "AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
>> >I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install
>> >my
>> > licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key,
>> > the
>> > Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
>> > failed
>> > to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office
>> > XP
>> > not
>> > compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
>> > accept
>> > the Office XP installation?
>> >

>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>
>>
>>
>>


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2007
Gary VanderMolen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
Does the qualifying product actually have to be installed, or can one
simply stick its CD in the drive for verification?
I know for a fact that Office 97 will not install in Vista.

Gary VanderMolen


"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uxwQnGTWHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
> Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
> product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
> 2000..
>
>
> "AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
>>I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install my
>> licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key, the
>> Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
>> failed
>> to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP
>> not
>> compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
>> accept
>> the Office XP installation?
>>

>
> --
>
>
> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2007
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
Office upgrades look for a qualifying product on the hard drive as far as I
am aware.. I have never seen an Office Upgrade installation ask for a CD
containing a previous version as qualifying material..


"Gary VanderMolen" <Gary@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
news:%23H1AlPkWHHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Does the qualifying product actually have to be installed, or can one
> simply stick its CD in the drive for verification?
> I know for a fact that Office 97 will not install in Vista.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:uxwQnGTWHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
>> Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
>> product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
>> 2000..
>>
>>
>> "AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
>>>I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install
>>>my
>>> licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key,
>>> the
>>> Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
>>> failed
>>> to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP
>>> not
>>> compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
>>> accept
>>> the Office XP installation?
>>>

>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>
>>


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?U3VzYW4=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
I have done this in the past and it worked. I have an Office XP upgrade disc
but the not an original Office disc. I found an old Office 95 disc and stuck
it into one of the disc drives. Then the upgrade disc allowed me to load it.
One my desktop I put it into one of the 2 CD drives but on my laptop I put
it into the CD drive, the computer saw it then I removed it and replaced it
with the upgrade disc and viola!

(I was wondering the same thing about Vista and office XP which was why I
read this string.) I just bought a laptop with Vista and was going to try to
load my office XP on it and was wondering if they will work together.)

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Does the qualifying product actually have to be installed, or can one
> simply stick its CD in the drive for verification?
> I know for a fact that Office 97 will not install in Vista.
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uxwQnGTWHHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Office XP will run in Vista , but the message suggests that you have an
> > Office XP UPGRADE CD, which will not install unless there is a qualifying
> > product already installed.. such a product might be Office 97 or Office
> > 2000..
> >
> >
> > "AmetPanc" <AmetPanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:20134D6E-EB79-4EE6-9373-6EF4784047B1@microsoft.com...
> >>I bought a new PC that came with Vista pre-installed. I want to install my
> >> licensed copy of Office XP Standard. After supplying the Product Key, the
> >> Product Compliance check dialog is displayed with the message "Setup
> >> failed
> >> to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine." So...is Office XP
> >> not
> >> compatible with Vista? do I need to do something in Vista to make it
> >> accept
> >> the Office XP installation?
> >>

> >
> > --
> >
> >
> > Mike Hall
> > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
> >
> >
> >

>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2007
BSchnur
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Office XP Standard fails to install on new Vista PC
> Office upgrades look for a qualifying product on the hard drive as far as I
> am aware.. I have never seen an Office Upgrade installation ask for a CD
> containing a previous version as qualifying material..
>

Actually, while it will look first on the hard drive, you can redirect
it to a qualifying previous version install CD. (not sure if that
works with Office XP or 2003, it did work with the Office 2000 upgrade
install).



--
Barry Schnur
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Install fails during completing upgrade =?Utf-8?B?anJheXJpenpv?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-11-2007 22:54
Where to install Software Administrator Account or Standard Accoun =?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-22-2007 05:31
Windows Vista Ultimate fails to install - Help =?Utf-8?B?YnVsbHN0ZXIyNDY1?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 02-20-2007 00:01
Install fails on install.wim not being present or corrupt =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 02-13-2007 10:53
RE: Vista install fails after a while =?Utf-8?B?cnVkeWRhbmllbGxl?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 01-03-2007 04:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120