Unistal Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbiBtYW4=?=

Unistal Vista

"gb apanda" <gbapanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:009D4155-3B34-40ED-9877-97DCEC8DC86D@microsoft.com...
>I would like to know how i can uninstal windows vista and return to windows
> xp pro.
> Thanks.

If you installed Vista over (as an upgrade to) XP, format the partition on
which you installed Vista, then reinstall XP by booting from the CD.

How is this done? I cant seem to partition my hard drive with the xp cd. Any
reccomendations?
Tony

Re: Unistal Vista
Boot off the XP cd, and contine through the screens until you come to where
you want to install windows XP, pick the drive, and Format it (pick quick
format if you know your drive is in excellent shape)
then continue with setup.

"Chan man" <Chan man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "gb apanda" <gbapanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to know how i can uninstal windows vista and return to
>>windows
>> xp pro.
>> Thanks.

> If you installed Vista over (as an upgrade to) XP, format the partition on
> which you installed Vista, then reinstall XP by booting from the CD.
>

> How is this done? I cant seem to partition my hard drive with the xp cd.
> Any
> reccomendations?

Rock

Re: Unistal Vista
"Chan man" <Chan man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> "gb apanda" <gbapanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to know how i can uninstal windows vista and return to
>>windows
>> xp pro.
>> Thanks.

> If you installed Vista over (as an upgrade to) XP, format the partition on
> which you installed Vista, then reinstall XP by booting from the CD.
>
> How is this done? I cant seem to partition my hard drive with the xp cd.
> Any
> reccomendations?

See this link, and if that doesn't work see the link below it.

How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you
install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927522/en-us

Clean Install Windows XP

Note if you are not the OP, then next time create a new message with your
issue, don't post your question as a reply to someone else's thread.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

AJR

Re: Unistal Vista
Information on "going back" to XP is documented in the following "
"How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you
install Windows Vista

Microsoft Knowledge Database

Article ID
: