Using my Data Cable for my Mobile Phone (Samsung D840)

Andrew

Using my Data Cable for my Mobile Phone (Samsung D840)
I've just bought a new data cable for my mobile phone in order to transfer
files from my computer to my phone and visa versa. I've installed it and
each time i connect it to my computer, it makes a sound (the computer's way
of acknowledging the hardware has been connected). However, i've no idea how
to open the window in which needed to use the device, therefore it's
impossible for me to transfer any files. I've tried many solutions; all of
which have failed. I would be grateful to anyone who may have the answer!
Thanks very much.
B. D. Reagan

Re: Using my Data Cable for my Mobile Phone (Samsung D840)

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just bought a new data cable for my mobile phone in order to transfer
> files from my computer to my phone and visa versa. I've installed it and
> each time i connect it to my computer, it makes a sound (the computer's
> way
> of acknowledging the hardware has been connected). However, i've no idea
> how
> to open the window in which needed to use the device, therefore it's
> impossible for me to transfer any files. I've tried many solutions; all
> of
> which have failed. I would be grateful to anyone who may have the answer!
> Thanks very much.

3rd party software for my phone was available via the phone manufacturer's
website & http://www.futuredial.com/ (of whom I'm not an employee or
subcontractor - not meaning to sound like an ad agent). Maybe that will
help.

wheelman

Re: Using my Data Cable for my Mobile Phone (Samsung D840)
you got to have the software for the phone..futuredial..used to be at radio
shacks..for sale,if you have a samsung..you may find it there,,or if its
sprint.or another company..contact them..they will direct you to it.you need
software that will.....jive with vista..its different from phone software
...for say win xp..sprint gave me mind for free,i down loaded it to a
cd..installed it hooked the usb cable up,did a restart..all was working. do a
manual restore point,every time you install something and everything is
working fine..