Sonic Solutions DLA error message

Eddie E

Sonic Solutions DLA error message
I just recently installed Vista. It was rough but I finally have it done and
running smoothly. The 1 problem that remains is the following error message
at bootup:

"The Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues

Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
Publisher: sonic Solutions
Location: Not Available"

I goolged Sonic Solutions DLA and found out that it's the company that makes
Roxio products. I do not have anything made by Roxio installed on my system.
I haven't used a Roxio product in years. I do not understand why I am
getting that error message. Can someone please tell me why I'm getting that
message? Thank you very much.

~eddie

JimR

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
"Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>I just recently installed Vista. It was rough but I finally have it done
>and running smoothly. The 1 problem that remains is the following error
>message at bootup:
>
> "The Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues
>
> Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
> Publisher: sonic Solutions
> Location: Not Available"
>
> I goolged Sonic Solutions DLA and found out that it's the company that
> makes Roxio products. I do not have anything made by Roxio installed on my
> system. I haven't used a Roxio product in years. I do not understand why I
> am getting that error message. Can someone please tell me why I'm getting
> that message? Thank you very much.
>
> ~eddie

Perhaps you have Sonic software which is the same company. Uninstalling
update KB 929427 should stop the blocked driver issue.

--
Jim

Eddie E

"JimR" <jrap107@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>>I just recently installed Vista. It was rough but I finally have it done
>>and running smoothly. The 1 problem that remains is the following error
>>message at bootup:
>>
>> "The Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues
>>
>> Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
>> Publisher: sonic Solutions
>> Location: Not Available"
>>
>> I goolged Sonic Solutions DLA and found out that it's the company that
>> makes Roxio products. I do not have anything made by Roxio installed on
>> my system. I haven't used a Roxio product in years. I do not understand
>> why I am getting that error message. Can someone please tell me why I'm
>> getting that message? Thank you very much.
>>
>> ~eddie

> Perhaps you have Sonic software which is the same company. Uninstalling
> update KB 929427 should stop the blocked driver issue.
>
> --
> Jim

Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a couple
of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they are the
same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB 929427 is
installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if removing that
update will cause other issues and how is it connected to the Sonic
Solutions error? I appreciate your help.

~eddie

Richard Urban

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
Well, Sonic is NOT from the Vista install. You either installed it since you
installed Vista or it is a remnant of a program you installed before you
upgraded to Vista.

Someone certainly installed it.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

> "JimR" <jrap107@msn.com> wrote in message
>> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>>>I just recently installed Vista. It was rough but I finally have it done
>>>and running smoothly. The 1 problem that remains is the following error
>>>message at bootup:
>>>
>>> "The Driver is blocked due to compatibility issues
>>>
>>> Driver: Sonic Solutions DLA
>>> Publisher: sonic Solutions
>>> Location: Not Available"
>>>
>>> I goolged Sonic Solutions DLA and found out that it's the company that
>>> makes Roxio products. I do not have anything made by Roxio installed on
>>> my system. I haven't used a Roxio product in years. I do not understand
>>> why I am getting that error message. Can someone please tell me why I'm
>>> getting that message? Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> ~eddie

>> Perhaps you have Sonic software which is the same company. Uninstalling
>> update KB 929427 should stop the blocked driver issue.
>>
>> --
>> Jim

> Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
> identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a
> couple of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they
> are the same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB
> 929427 is installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if
> removing that update will cause other issues and how is it connected to
> the Sonic Solutions error? I appreciate your help.
>
> ~eddie

Richard Urban

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
I may have to eat the earlier post. I just did a comprehensive scan of my
computer and find that there are some Sonic files from the base install.

Now I have to investigate each one to see what it does and why it is there.

--

> Well, Sonic is NOT from the Vista install. You either installed it since
> you installed Vista or it is a remnant of a program you installed before
> you upgraded to Vista.
>
> Someone certainly installed it.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "JimR" <jrap107@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message

>>> Perhaps you have Sonic software which is the same company. Uninstalling
>>> update KB 929427 should stop the blocked driver issue.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim

>> Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
>> identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a
>> couple of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they
>> are the same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB
>> 929427 is installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if
>> removing that update will cause other issues and how is it connected to
>> the Sonic Solutions error? I appreciate your help.
>>
>> ~eddie

Richard Urban

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
OK

The Sonic files that are included with Vista have nothing to do with Sonic
DLA

So, my original comments stand. You put something on your computer that
included these files.

--

>I may have to eat the earlier post. I just did a comprehensive scan of my
>computer and find that there are some Sonic files from the base install.
>
> Now I have to investigate each one to see what it does and why it is
> there.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:

>> Well, Sonic is NOT from the Vista install. You either installed it since
>> you installed Vista or it is a remnant of a program you installed before
>> you upgraded to Vista.
>>
>> Someone certainly installed it.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JimR" <jrap107@msn.com> wrote in message

>>> Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
>>> identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a
>>> couple of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they
>>> are the same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB
>>> 929427 is installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if
>>> removing that update will cause other issues and how is it connected to
>>> the Sonic Solutions error? I appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> ~eddie

Adam Albright

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:09:58 -0500, "Eddie E"
<eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote:

>Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
>identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a couple
>of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they are the
>same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB 929427 is
>installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if removing that
>update will cause other issues and how is it connected to the Sonic
>Solutions error? I appreciate your help.
>
>~eddie

Sonic Solutions is the parent company for Roxio. Do you have Easy
Media Creator any version on your system? If you have a DVD burner it
often comes in a trial or watered down version as does Nero.

As far as KB 929427, go to Microsoft's site, look up the article in
their Knowledge Base and it lists which applications that update
"fixes". If you have any of those installed or plan to, (its a pretty
big list) you may want to just ignore the warning, that's all it is,
click it and it goes away until you boot the next time. They are
working on a fix, probably week away yet.

Adam Albright

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:19:47 -0500, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I may have to eat the earlier post. I just did a comprehensive scan of my
>computer and find that there are some Sonic files from the base install.
>
>Now I have to investigate each one to see what it does and why it is there.

ROTFLMAO!

Sue Forrester

Re: Sonic Solutions DLA error message
I'm new here and hope this is on-topic. The Sonic software for my DVD/RW is
on the motherboard (Compaq Presario). I'm also looking for the solution to
get back the DVD/RW. Because I upgraded to Vista with my MS Partner Pack CD,
HP sent me off to the Sonic site fwiw as they don't have Vista drivers for
their Sonic stuff.

Hoping one of you more knowledgeable people find a solution.

Regards,
- Sue

>I may have to eat the earlier post. I just did a comprehensive scan of my
>computer and find that there are some Sonic files from the base install.
>
> Now I have to investigate each one to see what it does and why it is
> there.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:

>> Well, Sonic is NOT from the Vista install. You either installed it since
>> you installed Vista or it is a remnant of a program you installed before
>> you upgraded to Vista.
>>
>> Someone certainly installed it.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "Eddie E" <eddie-noSpam@youpeople.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JimR" <jrap107@msn.com> wrote in message

>>> Thank you very much Jim. I do not have any software on my system that is
>>> identified as being made by Sonic Solutions. I have only installed a
>>> couple of programs in the week that I have had Vista installed. And they
>>> are the same programs I had installed on XP. Anyway I do see update KB
>>> 929427 is installed. Before I remove it would you happen to know if
>>> removing that update will cause other issues and how is it connected to
>>> the Sonic Solutions error? I appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> ~eddie

Malke

Sue Forrester wrote:
> I'm new here and hope this is on-topic. The Sonic software for my DVD/RW
> is on the motherboard (Compaq Presario). I'm also looking for the
> solution to get back the DVD/RW. Because I upgraded to Vista with my MS
> Partner Pack CD, HP sent me off to the Sonic site fwiw as they don't
> have Vista drivers for their Sonic stuff.

This link to a Dell support forum has the link to download the patch
from Roxio (formerly Sonic). It doesn't matter if you don't have a Dell.
Download the patch and install it and you won't get the error any more.

http://tinyurl.com/2sd38z

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers