Internet Explorer freezes in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzaGE=?=

Internet Explorer freezes in Vista
I was running IE7 on XPHome with no problems. I upgraded to Vista Home
Premium, and now IE7 does not work, although the Internet does ie. I can
acess my e-mail and can access the Internet if I use another browser.
If I type in an IP address the whole screen freezes and Ihave to
Ctrl-Alt-Del to get ou of it.
Please help
Thank you
Chad Harris

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista/Not install issue put on gen.
Not install issue please put on gen.

CH

"Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was running IE7 on XPHome with no problems. I upgraded to Vista Home
> Premium, and now IE7 does not work, although the Internet does ie. I can
> acess my e-mail and can access the Internet if I use another browser.
> If I type in an IP address the whole screen freezes and Ihave to
> Ctrl-Alt-Del to get ou of it.
> Please help
> Thank you

BobS

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista/Not install issue put on gen.
Chad - you're being a royal pain - again. Who died and left you in charge
of the group?

"Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
> Not install issue please put on gen.
>
> CH
>
> "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I was running IE7 on XPHome with no problems. I upgraded to Vista Home
>> Premium, and now IE7 does not work, although the Internet does ie. I can
>> acess my e-mail and can access the Internet if I use another browser.
>> If I type in an IP address the whole screen freezes and Ihave to
>> Ctrl-Alt-Del to get ou of it.
>> Please help
>> Thank you

Chad Harris

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista/Not install issue put on gen.
I'm answering questions BobS. I've been explicit I'm not in charge of any
group.

Look around to scores of other MSFT groups like Outlook, Office, Word. The
second someone posts questions not germaine to that group they'll get
notified. Of course you haven't looked at any of them but I've been helping
on them for years. It's the group's way of insuring that only questions on
point to the group get posted there.

If you think IE freezes before you install Vista, than you need a very
specialized shrink.

IE freeze questions belong on the general group. If the poster puts it
there, I'll be glad to tell them how to fix it. I'm not going to clutter
this group with a question that simply has no business being on here.

Take a look at the other groups and see what the MVPs and the regulars do
when someone posts an off topic question. They tell them where to take it
and that's what I'm doing. I've been helping on this groups for over a
year; you haven't or as far as I can see in searches you havnen't at all on
any groups.

When Jan 30 happened this group got flooded with questions not germaine to
it, and it continues. There is no excuse for someone not putting their
question on the group appropriate to it.

The total sum of your posts is bitching about my trying to get the off topic
crap off this group.

Enjoy.

You can't answer questions and you can't figure out that there are several
other groups for questions not related to setuip or install.

IE7 freezes are not part of setup or install of Vista--lol but maybe you
think it is.

Why don't you conentrate on learning what SFC does to IE7 and minimizing CPU
use does to IE7 freezes so you can help; the OP. In the appropriate place,
the general group.

Meanwhile, advocating that anything that pops into someone's head goes on
this group is a ridiculous waste of your time.

CH

"BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
> Chad - you're being a royal pain - again. Who died and left you in charge
> of the group?
>

> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
>> Not install issue please put on gen.
>>
>> CH
>>
>> "Misha" <Misha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I was running IE7 on XPHome with no problems. I upgraded to Vista Home
>>> Premium, and now IE7 does not work, although the Internet does ie. I can
>>> acess my e-mail and can access the Internet if I use another browser.
>>> If I type in an IP address the whole screen freezes and Ihave to
>>> Ctrl-Alt-Del to get ou of it.
>>> Please help
>>> Thank you

SoCalFred

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista/Not install issue put on gen.
You just don't get it!
Your method of trying to force posters to other groups is just plain
obnoxious and I don't see anyone supporting your technique.
If some one posts a question about a hardware driver. You could at least
point the poster to the Vendors Website download link and then tell them
that if that does not work to repost their problem in the Vista hardware
devices forum instead of giving them no advice and telling them to clutter
up the Vista general forum with their hardware device problem.
Also if the answer to their problem can be easily found using the installed
Help function or via a Google search with your extensive knowledge you could
provide them with the key words to use in help or Google and this could
encourage them and others to make more use of help or Google in the future.
Please don't effectively destroy this newsgroup by continuing to post what
are being viewed by many as totally useless posts since they are so void of
any meaningful content.
> I'm answering questions BobS. I've been explicit I'm not in charge of any
> group.
>
> Look around to scores of other MSFT groups like Outlook, Office, Word.
> The second someone posts questions not germaine to that group they'll get
> notified. Of course you haven't looked at any of them but I've been
> helping on them for years. It's the group's way of insuring that only
> questions on point to the group get posted there.
>
> If you think IE freezes before you install Vista, than you need a very
> specialized shrink.
>
> IE freeze questions belong on the general group. If the poster puts it
> there, I'll be glad to tell them how to fix it. I'm not going to clutter
> this group with a question that simply has no business being on here.
>

> Take a look at the other groups and see what the MVPs and the regulars do
> when someone posts an off topic question. They tell them where to take it
> and that's what I'm doing. I've been helping on this groups for over a
> year; you haven't or as far as I can see in searches you havnen't at all
> on any groups.
>
> When Jan 30 happened this group got flooded with questions not germaine to
> it, and it continues. There is no excuse for someone not putting their
> question on the group appropriate to it.
>
> The total sum of your posts is bitching about my trying to get the off
> topic crap off this group.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> You can't answer questions and you can't figure out that there are several
> other groups for questions not related to setuip or install.
>
> IE7 freezes are not part of setup or install of Vista--lol but maybe you
> think it is.
>
> Why don't you conentrate on learning what SFC does to IE7 and minimizing
> CPU use does to IE7 freezes so you can help; the OP. In the appropriate
> place, the general group.
>
> Meanwhile, advocating that anything that pops into someone's head goes on
> this group is a ridiculous waste of your time.
>
> CH
>
> "BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
>> Chad - you're being a royal pain - again. Who died and left you in
>> charge of the group?
>>

>> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
>>> Not install issue please put on gen.
>>>
>>> CH

Chad Harris

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista/Not install issue put on gen.
Fred--

I gave and continue to give plenty of advice (your missing that I have
means you're new or don't read) and I've been a google valet for thousands
on these groups. 90% of the questions on them are ans. in Vista Help and
Support that aren't setup or install problems. I suspect cluttering of
groups, repeat questions without searching to find they've been ans. 100s of
time by us over the last year and a half has burned out a lot of the regular
help that used to be here. Many of them have told me that.

I'm far from destroing any newsgroup. I've had my say. It's stupid to
clutter this group and frankly rude for people not to at least take the time
to look at the list of groups and see what should go in them, and to search
for the answer on these groups before posting, but I've had my say and I
can't stop it.

What's destroying the group is people throwing off topic crap in them as if
they've had a lobotomy.

It's caused a lot of regular helpers to go elsewhere.

I've helped tirelessly for a long time, and hardly need any coaching on how
to help.

But like the others, I'm glad for someone to take my place. I've put in my
time for about 16 months on explaining Vista.

CH

"SoCalFred" <NoSpam@nospam.nosp> wrote in message
> [...]
>> topic crap off this group.
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> You can't answer questions and you can't figure out that there are
>> several other groups for questions not related to setuip or install.
>>
>> IE7 freezes are not part of setup or install of Vista--lol but maybe you
>> think it is.
>>
>> Why don't you conentrate on learning what SFC does to IE7 and minimizing
>> CPU use does to IE7 freezes so you can help; the OP. In the appropriate
>> place, the general group.
>>
>> Meanwhile, advocating that anything that pops into someone's head goes on
>> this group is a ridiculous waste of your time.
>>
>> CH
>>
>> "BobS" <no-spam@noplace.com> wrote in message
>>> Chad - you're being a royal pain - again. Who died and left you in
>>> charge of the group?

Baysider

Re: Internet Explorer freezes in Vista

This is an old thread I know but I just had to point out that Chad is
plain wrong. I upgraded from XP to Vista with no other changes and I
now have the exact same problem that Misha reported. It is definitely
Vista related.

--
Baysider
Baysider's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/112821.htm