SLI and Vista Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEIu?=

SLI and Vista Ultimate
I just built up a new computer with a core 2 quad processor, 4GB of SLI ready
ram and two evga 1750 GT KO 512MB video cards. I see most of the SLI
questions are old and I am wondering if SLI is now supported as for the life
of me I cant get SLI setup. I have contacted evga but they say it can take a
couple days for a reply and I need to get this computer finished before that.
Also Vista only recognizes 2.5GB of my 4GB of ram and I know it cant be
reserving any for video.

I upgraded my hyperthreaded p4 3.2 and it has 2GB of ram and a 512mb card
and its slow as a slug after I upgraded to Vista ultimate.

DotNettie

Re: SLI and Vista Ultimate

"Ken B." <KenB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just built up a new computer with a core 2 quad processor, 4GB of SLI
>ready
> ram and two evga 1750 GT KO 512MB video cards. I see most of the SLI
> questions are old and I am wondering if SLI is now supported as for the
> life
> of me I cant get SLI setup. I have contacted evga but they say it can take
> couple days for a reply and I need to get this computer finished before
> that.
> Also Vista only recognizes 2.5GB of my 4GB of ram and I know it cant be
> reserving any for video.
>
> I upgraded my hyperthreaded p4 3.2 and it has 2GB of ram and a 512mb card
> and its slow as a slug after I upgraded to Vista ultimate.

Maybe I can help....there's a website called nvidia class action.org. The
members of that group posed some questions to somebody named Perez from
Nvidia and yours was one of the questions asked.

Perez said that SLI drivers for GeF 7 & 8 series for directx9 and open GL
under Vista will available by the end of March and beta SLI for GeForce 8
for directx10 by the end of April.

He answered some other questions posed by the members of the forum that you
might find of interest.

D.

D.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEIu?=

Re: SLI and Vista Ultimate
Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.