Programs gone!

Jeffrey

Programs gone!
I downloaded iTunes, Windows messenger, Picasa etc and then all of a sudden
they were gone from my computer. Over the weekend the computer I believe
re-started and then all the programs were gone!

I even searched the hard drive and the program files acted like they were
NEVER there. I have never heard of Windows totally erasing a program, can
anyone help?!?!?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Programs gone!
Sounds like you need to log on to your original
user account.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jeffrey" <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A505E8ED-CA3A-47BB-A277-41173C203F10@microsoft.com...
I downloaded iTunes, Windows messenger, Picasa etc and then all of a sudden
they were gone from my computer. Over the weekend the computer I believe
re-started and then all the programs were gone!

I even searched the hard drive and the program files acted like they were
NEVER there. I have never heard of Windows totally erasing a program, can
anyone help?!?!?
JW

Re: Programs gone!
Since you never did a normal shutdown or restart of your computer before the
weekend which have insured the saving of all new options etc. Is it possible
that the computer had a power failure causing the computer to turn off and
that it rebooted as a result of some other action?
"Jeffrey" <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded iTunes, Windows messenger, Picasa etc and then all of a sudden
> they were gone from my computer. Over the weekend the computer I believe
> re-started and then all the programs were gone!
>
> I even searched the hard drive and the program files acted like they were
> NEVER there. I have never heard of Windows totally erasing a program, can
> anyone help?!?!?

Mick Murphy

RE: Programs gone!
System Restore will do it. If the programs yo have installed were not there
at the date you take your computer back to, they won't be there.