no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista

gursaran abott

no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays "no hard
disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and check
the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on vista
everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install XP on
my computer to make it dual boot

I will appreciate any help

Thank you

gursaran abott

Noel

RE: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
You will have to see what chipset your motherboard has and see if you have a
raid mode enabled or AHCI mode enabled. If either one of these are enabled
you will have to make a copy of those drivers to a floppy and use the F6
function when XP first begins to load. I will tell you it is a pain to dual
boot with vista installed first. Very easy to setup dual boot with XP
installed first.

"gursaran abott" wrote:

> i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays "no hard
> disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and check
> the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on vista
> everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install XP on
> my computer to make it dual boot
>
> I will appreciate any help
>
> Thank you
>
> gursaran abott

gursaran abott

RE: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
how do check raid and ahci mode is enabled and wher do i find the chipset
information.
i sorry i am a novice
thank you

"Noel" wrote:

> You will have to see what chipset your motherboard has and see if you have a
> raid mode enabled or AHCI mode enabled. If either one of these are enabled
> you will have to make a copy of those drivers to a floppy and use the F6
> function when XP first begins to load. I will tell you it is a pain to dual
> boot with vista installed first. Very easy to setup dual boot with XP
> installed first.
>
> "gursaran abott" wrote:
>
> > i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays "no hard
> > disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and check
> > the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on vista
> > everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install XP on
> > my computer to make it dual boot
> >
> > I will appreciate any help
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > gursaran abott

gursaran abott

RE: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista

I appreciate your help noel my notebook's chipset is Intel® 945GM chipset
how do i check if raid and ahci is enabled.
thanks

"Noel" wrote:

> You will have to see what chipset your motherboard has and see if you have a
> raid mode enabled or AHCI mode enabled. If either one of these are enabled
> you will have to make a copy of those drivers to a floppy and use the F6
> function when XP first begins to load. I will tell you it is a pain to dual
> boot with vista installed first. Very easy to setup dual boot with XP
> installed first.
>
> "gursaran abott" wrote:
>
> > i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays "no hard
> > disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and check
> > the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on vista
> > everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install XP on
> > my computer to make it dual boot
> >
> > I will appreciate any help
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > gursaran abott

Mick Murphy

RE: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
http://apcmag.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp

Self-explanatory link.

"gursaran abott" wrote:

> i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays "no hard
> disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and check
> the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on vista
> everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install XP on
> my computer to make it dual boot
>
> I will appreciate any help
>
> Thank you
>
> gursaran abott

John Barnes

Re: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
If you can't see the disk, you need the drivers. They are usually provided
by the chipset maker or MOBO mfg. Some computers that were designed for
Vista do not have XP drivers available. Check with your computer
manufacturer. You will need to follow the instructions per Noel

"gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I appreciate your help noel my notebook's chipset is Intel® 945GM chipset
> how do i check if raid and ahci is enabled.
> thanks
>
> "Noel" wrote:
>
>> You will have to see what chipset your motherboard has and see if you
>> have a
>> raid mode enabled or AHCI mode enabled. If either one of these are
>> enabled
>> you will have to make a copy of those drivers to a floppy and use the F6
>> function when XP first begins to load. I will tell you it is a pain to
>> dual
>> boot with vista installed first. Very easy to setup dual boot with XP
>> installed first.
>>
>> "gursaran abott" wrote:
>>
>> > i tried to install xp on vista by booting it from cd and it displays
>> > "no hard
>> > disk found make sure hard disk is connected properly and turned on and
>> > check
>> > the hard disk configuration ",but when i run my computer normally on
>> > vista
>> > everything works fine ,my harddisk works fine.I am not able to install
>> > XP on
>> > my computer to make it dual boot
>> >
>> > I will appreciate any help
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> >
>> > gursaran abott

gursaran abott

Re: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
ok what if i dont want to have vista which i currently have and just have xp
on my computer how do i do that .

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you can't see the disk, you need the drivers. They are usually provided
> by the chipset maker or MOBO mfg. Some computers that were designed for
> Vista do not have XP drivers available. Check with your computer
> manufacturer. You will need to follow the instructions per Noel
>
> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I appreciate your help noel my notebook's chipset is Intel® 945GM chipset
> > how do i check if raid and ahci is enabled.
> > thanks
> >
> > "Noel" wrote:
> >
> >> You will have to see what chipset your motherboard has and see if you
> >> have a
> >> raid mode enabled or AHCI mode enabled. If either one of these are
> >> enabled
> >> you will have to make a copy of those drivers to a floppy and use the F6
> >> function when XP first begins to load. I will tell you it is a pain to
> >> dual
> >> boot with vista installed first. Very easy to setup dual boot with XP
> >> installed first.

John Barnes

Re: no hard disk found when trying to install xp on vista
Make sure you can get drivers for your MOBO and video card. Insert an XP
install CD and if you are installing on a SATA drive, you will need to hit
F6 shortly after it starts and supply the SATA drivers on a floppy drive,
when it asks where to install, you should probably format the partition and
or delete and recreate then reformat the partition you are going to install
on. Follow the instructions from there.

> ok what if i dont want to have vista which i currently have and just have
> xp
> on my computer how do i do that .
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> If you can't see the disk, you need the drivers. They are usually
>> provided
>> by the chipset maker or MOBO mfg. Some computers that were designed for
>> Vista do not have XP drivers available. Check with your computer
>> manufacturer. You will need to follow the instructions per Noel
>>
>> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > I appreciate your help noel my notebook's chipset is Intel® 945GM
>> > chipset
>> > how do i check if raid and ahci is enabled.
>> > thanks

ales jevsnikar

no hard disk on laptop found
acer based laptops have an EISA partition which contains windows vista and all drivers. It is used with E-recovery utility provided by ACER.
I also can't install XP and do not know where to find drivers for installed disk (to use under xp boot).
The mentioned article of apcmag is helpfull, but i supose only for stationary mchines.
Can anyone help with laptops ? aspire 5920g

Thank's Ales

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Dominic Payer

Re: no hard disk on laptop found
Acer only support Vista on the 5920G.

If you want XP drivers, look at the technical specifications in your manual
and search the relevant manufacturers' sites for drivers. You may find that
there are no XP drivers for some of the features.