Word 2003

Tom

Word 2003
I have Vista Home Edition and MS Office 2003 installed. For some reason, all
of Office works except for Word. Whenever I open it, it stays open for about
5-10 seconds and then Vista 'finds a problem with it' and closes. The
solution says to update Office...which I have done several times. I've also
tried to uninstall Office completely and doing a fresh install...same
problem. I'm at a loss and my classes start next week. I'm forced to use an
online version of Google Docs to write papers...not really the best choice
IMO...HELP!!!!
Rick Rogers

Re: Word 2003
Hi,

A bad normal.dot file can cause this issue. Make sure Word is closed, then
delete the existing one under:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Template s

When you restart Word, a new one will be created for you.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Edition and MS Office 2003 installed. For some reason,
>all
> of Office works except for Word. Whenever I open it, it stays open for
> about
> 5-10 seconds and then Vista 'finds a problem with it' and closes. The
> solution says to update Office...which I have done several times. I've
> also
> tried to uninstall Office completely and doing a fresh install...same
> problem. I'm at a loss and my classes start next week. I'm forced to use
> an
> online version of Google Docs to write papers...not really the best choice
> IMO...HELP!!!!

Tom

Re: Word 2003
Well...it was worth a shot but it didn't work. I keep getting Microsoft has
encountered a problem and is looking for a solution...with no luck. What is
strange is that Office worked without a problem until recently, I don't think
it's a bad disk or something like that, it's odd.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A bad normal.dot file can cause this issue. Make sure Word is closed, then
> delete the existing one under:
> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Template s
>
> When you restart Word, a new one will be created for you.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista Home Edition and MS Office 2003 installed. For some reason,
> >all
> > of Office works except for Word. Whenever I open it, it stays open for
> > about
> > 5-10 seconds and then Vista 'finds a problem with it' and closes. The
> > solution says to update Office...which I have done several times. I've
> > also
> > tried to uninstall Office completely and doing a fresh install...same
> > problem. I'm at a loss and my classes start next week. I'm forced to use
> > an
> > online version of Google Docs to write papers...not really the best choice
> > IMO...HELP!!!!

Rick Rogers

Re: Word 2003
Hi,

Sorry it didn't work for you. You may want to try asking this in one of the
Word groups: