Utilizing VISTA

Mr. R

Utilizing VISTA
I purchased a PC from Dell (XPS) with VISTA preinstalled. This has been the
most confounding software I have ever used. First I have setup a wireless
network using a Linksys WRT150N as a hub connected to a DSL circuit. I have
a Dell Notebook running on Windows XP Media connected to it, which works
fine. The problem I have is the pc's cannot see each other even though they
are on the same router. My previous pc was an older HP with XP Media and
they could see each other. In turn I cannot share the printer with the VISTA
since the printer is a slave to it. I purchased a wireless printer and I
canot get the Dell Printer to recognize the wireless network. The VISTA pc
is connected to the internet through the router. This just goes on and on
and it seems everything is revolving around the VISTA software. Any
suggestions?
--
WMR
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Utilizing VISTA
File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User