Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?SG93YXJk?=

Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate
Hello All,

i found many posts about purchasing the upgrade .
my company gave me a new cd and an ultimate key and
i would like to just install the new key as i am already running the
home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
without having to re-install the OS.

is this possible?

Conor

Re: Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate
In article <4DF51407-BC49-4C9C-990B-74DF7DC90E3D@microsoft.com>, Howard
says...
> Hello All,
>
> i found many posts about purchasing the upgrade .
> my company gave me a new cd and an ultimate key and
> i would like to just install the new key as i am already running the
> home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
> without having to re-install the OS.
>
> is this possible?

No.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate
No.
Insert the Ultimate CD while at the Desktop.
Follow prompts to upgrade to Ultimate.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> i found many posts about purchasing the upgrade .
> my company gave me a new cd and an ultimate key and
> i would like to just install the new key as i am already running the
> home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
> without having to re-install the OS.
>
> is this possible?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIFJ1ZA==?=

Re: Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate
Will this over ride any or erase any programs installed?
Dan Rudder

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> No.
> Insert the Ultimate CD while at the Desktop.
> Follow prompts to upgrade to Ultimate.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Howard" <Howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > i found many posts about purchasing the upgrade .
> > my company gave me a new cd and an ultimate key and
> > i would like to just install the new key as i am already running the
> > home premium edition. i would like to install the new key
> > without having to re-install the OS.
> >
> > is this possible?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Upgrade from Hiome Edition to Ultimate
Dan;
It shouldn't.
However it is always a good idea to have current back-ups of all important
data just in case.