Product Key for Microsoft Office

Victor

Product Key for Microsoft Office
I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in my laptop.
Whenever I open my Microsoft Office software, it asked for product key. I
typed my product key serveral times, it just keep saying "incorrect product
key". The first error msg said I have only 28 times to use the software
freely.

I called the customer service centre & they asked me to re-installed the
Microsoft Office & stay connect to internet. Thus, I go Control Panel &
"Repair"my Microsoft Office. When my laptop restarted again, I open my
Microsoft Office & type my Product key. It happened to same error message
ïncorrect product key"

COuld anyone help me? Thank you.
Michael

Re: Product Key for Microsoft Office
Victor,

Are you sure you are not using the product key for the vista operating
system? The one for the vista operating system would be attached to the
computer. The one for the Office package would have been attached to the
packaging material for the Office package. They are both 5 groups of 5
characters so it is possible to get confused.
Michael

"Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in my laptop.
> Whenever I open my Microsoft Office software, it asked for product key. I
> typed my product key serveral times, it just keep saying "incorrect
> product
> key". The first error msg said I have only 28 times to use the software
> freely.
>
> I called the customer service centre & they asked me to re-installed the
> Microsoft Office & stay connect to internet. Thus, I go Control Panel &
> "Repair"my Microsoft Office. When my laptop restarted again, I open my
> Microsoft Office & type my Product key. It happened to same error message
> ïncorrect product key"
>
> COuld anyone help me? Thank you.

Victor

Re: Product Key for Microsoft Office
Thanks Michael, however, my Office doesn't come with package. When I bought
the laptop, the Office is already inside the Laptop harddisk. The only
product key I could find is on a sticker located at the back of the laptop,
as you mentioned is a 5 group of 5 different characters. No matter how many
times I key in the product key into the Office but it still said "incorrect
product key". I really don't know what to do..

"Michael" wrote:

> Victor,
>
> Are you sure you are not using the product key for the vista operating
> system? The one for the vista operating system would be attached to the
> computer. The one for the Office package would have been attached to the
> packaging material for the Office package. They are both 5 groups of 5
> characters so it is possible to get confused.
> Michael

Michael

Re: Product Key for Microsoft Office
Victor,

I suspect that you have a 'Demo' version installed which is good for a
limited time (such as 30 days) for you to evaluate.
To activate it you will need to purchase an activation key somehow, I would
have thought it would have made it easy and obvious how to do that in order
to make the sale!

If you did purchase it (it should be a line item on your invoice, it is NOT
part of vista itself ) you should have received SOMETHING such as a
cardboard sleeve with the numbers on it.

I purchased a copy with my Desktop (Dell XPS 410), it came as a cd in a
cardboard sleeve with the numbers in a fancy label on the sleeve.

Inspect your packing stuff and invoice again. The product key on the
computer is only for the Vista that is installed and will not (as you have
found) work for the office products.

> Thanks Michael, however, my Office doesn't come with package. When I
> bought
> the laptop, the Office is already inside the Laptop harddisk. The only
> product key I could find is on a sticker located at the back of the
> laptop,
> as you mentioned is a 5 group of 5 different characters. No matter how
> many
> times I key in the product key into the Office but it still said
> "incorrect
> product key". I really don't know what to do..
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Victor,
>>
>> Are you sure you are not using the product key for the vista operating
>> system? The one for the vista operating system would be attached to the
>> computer. The one for the Office package would have been attached to the
>> packaging material for the Office package. They are both 5 groups of 5
>> characters so it is possible to get confused.
>> Michael

Wim Hekken ;-)

Victor wrote:
> I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in my laptop.
> Whenever I open my Microsoft Office software, it asked for product key. I
> typed my product key serveral times, it just keep saying "incorrect product
> key". The first error msg said I have only 28 times to use the software
> freely.
>
> I called the customer service centre & they asked me to re-installed the
> Microsoft Office & stay connect to internet. Thus, I go Control Panel &
> "Repair"my Microsoft Office. When my laptop restarted again, I open my
> Microsoft Office & type my Product key. It happened to same error message
> ïncorrect product key"
>
> COuld anyone help me? Thank you.

If you don't want to pay for Microsoft Office consider to use Open
Office. This officesuit is free of charge.
http://www.openoffice.org/
--

Good luck,
Wim Hekken ;-)
Simon Zerafa

Re: Product Key for Microsoft Office
Hi,

It is very unlikely that the sticker on the laptop has an Office product key
number on it.

If you look carefully it would probably be a Vista product key, not one for
Office. Your Vista should already be activated and the same number will not
work for Office.

If you have a demo copy of Office then you will need to purchase an Office
licence to continue using it.

Kind Regards

Simon

Dave