Vista Clean Install problems...can anyone help?

karobonas

Vista Clean Install problems...can anyone help?

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new motherboard, processor, graphics card,
ram and hard drive (see below spec). I am attempting to install Vista
Ultimate which I have also purchased. I do everything that I am used to
doing such as altering the bios to boot from CD. On first attempt, the
CD booted, Vista started doing its pre checks, I chose a language and
entered my CD key, I then came to the screen in which I could choose a
drive to install Vista. I selected the drive and the setup halted and
restarted my system.

I am repeated the initial steps though this time, Vista was loading its
pre checks and the screen turned black. I kept on repeating and I could
get as far as chosing my language but the screen would go black. I
flushed my bios and tried again, still nothing.

I thought it may have been the Vista disc so I tried my XP disc. This
time XP started doing its pre checks (blue screen) then the screen went
blank again! I am unsure what else to do and if anyone can help???!
please say some can!?

System config:

Manufacturer : EVGA
Product : GeForce 8800GTX BP 768MB PCIE

Manufacturer : OCZTECH
Product : 2x1GB 240DIMM PC2-6400 FlexXLC

Manufacturer : GIGABYTE
Product : S755 Intel P35 Express ATX AL

Manufacturer : ANTEC
Product : Phantom 700 Watt Power Supply

Manufacturer : WD
Product : Caviar RE2 500GB S300 16MB

Manufacturer : INTEL
Product : Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz S775

Manufacturer : THERMALT
Product : Golden Orb II

--
karobonas
koze

Re: Vista Clean Install problems...can anyone help?

"karobonas" <karobonas.2xvwt2@no-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht

> Hi,
>
> I have recently purchased a new motherboard, processor, graphics card,
> ram and hard drive (see below spec). I am attempting to install Vista
> Ultimate which I have also purchased. I do everything that I am used to
> doing such as altering the bios to boot from CD. On first attempt, the
> CD booted, Vista started doing its pre checks, I chose a language and
> entered my CD key, I then came to the screen in which I could choose a
> drive to install Vista. I selected the drive and the setup halted and
> restarted my system.
>
> I am repeated the initial steps though this time, Vista was loading its
> pre checks and the screen turned black. I kept on repeating and I could
> get as far as chosing my language but the screen would go black. I
> flushed my bios and tried again, still nothing.
>
> I thought it may have been the Vista disc so I tried my XP disc. This
> time XP started doing its pre checks (blue screen) then the screen went
> blank again! I am unsure what else to do and if anyone can help???!
> please say some can!?
>
> System config:
>
> Manufacturer : EVGA
> Product : GeForce 8800GTX BP 768MB PCIE
>
> Manufacturer : OCZTECH
> Product : 2x1GB 240DIMM PC2-6400 FlexXLC
>
> Manufacturer : GIGABYTE
> Product : S755 Intel P35 Express ATX AL
>

> Manufacturer : ANTEC
> Product : Phantom 700 Watt Power Supply
>

> Manufacturer : WD
> Product : Caviar RE2 500GB S300 16MB
>

> Manufacturer : INTEL
> Product : Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz S775
>

> Manufacturer : THERMALT
> Product : Golden Orb II
>

> --
> karobonas

Have you let it load the drivers for the SATA connector and drive ?
(F6 on boot is now load drivers in the setup screen)

Ko.

karobonas

koze;470822 Wrote:
> "karobonas" <karobonas.2xvwt2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht
>
> Have you let it load the drivers for the SATA connector and drive ?
> (F6 on boot is now load drivers in the setup screen)
>
> Ko.

Is this the case for Vista as well as XP? I am unsure if this is the
solution as I have tried with and IDE drive also and the same problem
persists.

--
karobonas
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Clean Install problems...can anyone help?
You have checked the SATA, and ruled that out.
Try installing with just the default Graphics, and add the fancy card later
on after installion succeeds.

"karobonas" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently purchased a new motherboard, processor, graphics card,
> ram and hard drive (see below spec). I am attempting to install Vista
> Ultimate which I have also purchased. I do everything that I am used to
> doing such as altering the bios to boot from CD. On first attempt, the
> CD booted, Vista started doing its pre checks, I chose a language and
> entered my CD key, I then came to the screen in which I could choose a
> drive to install Vista. I selected the drive and the setup halted and
> restarted my system.
>
> I am repeated the initial steps though this time, Vista was loading its
> pre checks and the screen turned black. I kept on repeating and I could
> get as far as chosing my language but the screen would go black. I
> flushed my bios and tried again, still nothing.
>
> I thought it may have been the Vista disc so I tried my XP disc. This
> time XP started doing its pre checks (blue screen) then the screen went
> blank again! I am unsure what else to do and if anyone can help???!
> please say some can!?
>
> System config:
>
> Manufacturer : EVGA
> Product : GeForce 8800GTX BP 768MB PCIE
>
> Manufacturer : OCZTECH
> Product : 2x1GB 240DIMM PC2-6400 FlexXLC
>
> Manufacturer : GIGABYTE
> Product : S755 Intel P35 Express ATX AL
>

> Manufacturer : ANTEC
> Product : Phantom 700 Watt Power Supply
>

> Manufacturer : WD
> Product : Caviar RE2 500GB S300 16MB
>

> Manufacturer : INTEL
> Product : Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz S775
>

> Manufacturer : THERMALT
> Product : Golden Orb II
>

> --
> karobonas

Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
change the ram chip if can get a corsair or kingsten had the same problem changed the ram perfect

"karobonas" <karobonas.2xw5u8@no-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht

> koze;470822 Wrote:
>> "karobonas" <karobonas.2xvwt2@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> schreef in bericht
>>
>> Have you let it load the drivers for the SATA connector and drive ?
>> (F6 on boot is now load drivers in the setup screen)
>>
>> Ko.

> Is this the case for Vista as well as XP? I am unsure if this is the
> solution as I have tried with and IDE drive also and the same problem
> persists.
>

> --
> karobonas

It is indeed exact the same problem with XP also.
If your BIOS does support SATA to (P)ATA translation and you activate that,
you don't need drivers.
But not all BIOSes do this correct, s I would suggest put the drivers for
the SATA connectors/ controllers in the root of a diskette (or a Thumbdrive
and also in the root) let those load at install both sets and it will work
correct from then.
Ko