Install Failure On Ultimate

chris gallacher

Install Failure On Ultimate
I get to the part where "running vista for the first time, this will
take a few moments" then either I get a crash dump or upon several
attempts of install a message that the install was not successful.

According to the advisor nothing should stop me from installing vista,
except a few proggies that may not run correctly. My box has plenty of
horsepower to run this OS

Can I install this from another drive on my system instead of booting
from a rom. I have 2 cd roms. One is a basic cd rom that hold up to
750 MB and the other is a usb CR RW +R
My bios won't allow me to boot from this device.

I have tried custom install and saving all files from XP Pro

Should I now try a clean install on my primary C?
If so how do I go about this?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Signed
Frustrated

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Install Failure On Ultimate
Have you looked for a BIOS upgrade?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"chris gallacher" <chrisg@cgallacher.com> wrote in message
>I get to the part where "running vista for the first time, this will
> take a few moments" then either I get a crash dump or upon several
> attempts of install a message that the install was not successful.
>
> According to the advisor nothing should stop me from installing vista,
> except a few proggies that may not run correctly. My box has plenty of
> horsepower to run this OS
>
> Can I install this from another drive on my system instead of booting
> from a rom. I have 2 cd roms. One is a basic cd rom that hold up to
> 750 MB and the other is a usb CR RW +R
> My bios won't allow me to boot from this device.
>
> I have tried custom install and saving all files from XP Pro
>
> Should I now try a clean install on my primary C?
> If so how do I go about this?
>
> Any help here is greatly appreciated.
>
> Signed
> Frustrated

chris gallacher

Re: Install Failure On Ultimate
Thanks for responding. Yes I have a Supermicro P4DC6 dual xeon
processors and no bios upgrades have been posted. Any other
suggestions. Should I try a clean install by formating my C drive?
If so how is this done?

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:48:42 -0500, chris gallacher