RE: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem

=?Utf-8?B?U3VlIEQ=?=

RE: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem
Sue D
I'm having the same problem I went to H.P. site , we have 7 step and the
last one is a bit much for me , something about taking info off disk ,putting
in on your hard drive.

"MikeP" wrote:

> I know there has been a few people that have installed HP Photosmart
> printers. I am having a problem with my 7660, it discovers it when I boot up
> and ask to put in the disk that came with the printer. I do that and it
> looks like it is trying to install the printer and then it fails.
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks

Manuel Nonaca

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem
Click on the link and follow the instruction. I used it for my Photosmart
7960 which I believe is the same procedure and driver (alternate) you will
use!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...305364&lang=en
--
Manuel Nonaca
MIS/M University of Phoenix Online

"Sue D" <Sue D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sue D
> I'm having the same problem I went to H.P. site , we have 7 step and the
> last one is a bit much for me , something about taking info off disk
> ,putting
> in on your hard drive.
>
> "MikeP" wrote:
>
>> I know there has been a few people that have installed HP Photosmart
>> printers. I am having a problem with my 7660, it discovers it when I
>> boot up
>> and ask to put in the disk that came with the printer. I do that and it
>> looks like it is trying to install the printer and then it fails.
>>
>> Can someone help me?
>>
>> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?THlkaWEgTHVzaA==?=

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem
Manuel,

After spending many frustrating hours over the past few days, you provided
me with the solution. I cannot thank you enough. Now onto some of the other
issues I have with the transfer from XP to Vista.

"Manuel Nonaca" wrote:

> Click on the link and follow the instruction. I used it for my Photosmart
> 7960 which I believe is the same procedure and driver (alternate) you will
> use!
>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...305364&lang=en
> --
> Manuel Nonaca
> MIS/M University of Phoenix Online
> Clovis, CA (PST)
>

> "Sue D" <Sue D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sue D
> > I'm having the same problem I went to H.P. site , we have 7 step and the
> > last one is a bit much for me , something about taking info off disk
> > ,putting
> > in on your hard drive.
> >
> > "MikeP" wrote:
> >
> >> I know there has been a few people that have installed HP Photosmart
> >> printers. I am having a problem with my 7660, it discovers it when I
> >> boot up
> >> and ask to put in the disk that came with the printer. I do that and it
> >> looks like it is trying to install the printer and then it fails.
> >>
> >> Can someone help me?
> >>
> >> Thanks

amcole

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem

Hi
I'm new to Vista, let alone Vista 64.
I have a problem trying to connect from this new Vista 64 machine to a
lan which includes an XP computer with the Photosmart 7660. It is marked
as shared on the XP computer and does work well on that computer and the
printer is shared and I can see it from the Vista computer but cannot
connect to it. The vista machine wants me to put a driver on the Vista
machine, but will not accept the printers install disk.
HP says a generic driver is included in Vista 64 but I don't know how
to do this through a lan connection.
Setup is:
7660 printer > XP > LAN > Vista 64

Suggestions please.

--
amcole
JerryM

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem
If you go to control panel and select printers,
Select Add Printer,
Select Network printer,
You then need to select the type of printer from the menu for it to install
from the data base in Vista.

"amcole" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi
> I'm new to Vista, let alone Vista 64.
> I have a problem trying to connect from this new Vista 64 machine to a
> lan which includes an XP computer with the Photosmart 7660. It is marked
> as shared on the XP computer and does work well on that computer and the
> printer is shared and I can see it from the Vista computer but cannot
> connect to it. The vista machine wants me to put a driver on the Vista
> machine, but will not accept the printers install disk.
> HP says a generic driver is included in Vista 64 but I don't know how
> to do this through a lan connection.
> Setup is:
> 7660 printer > XP > LAN > Vista 64
>
> Suggestions please.
>

> --
> amcole

amcole

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem

JerryMIf you go to control panel and select printers,
Select Add Printer,
Select Network printer,
You then need to select the type of printer from the menu for it to
install
from the data base in Vista.

Hi JerryM
This I have done several times and it shows the printer on the lan.
When I click on Next on the Vista 64 system it says connecting to the
Photosmart 7660 printer.
Then an error message comes up stating The server for the 'hp
photosmart 7660 series' printer does not have the correct printer driver
installed. I deleted and reinstalled the printer on the XP computer and
it still comes up with the same message. It will not let me print from
the Vista machine.
THanks for the reply.

--
amcole
JerryM

Re: Photosmart 7660 Install Problem
Hmmmm, I don't have an answer for you.

Both machines and the printer are running?

> JerryMIf you go to control panel and select printers,
> Select Add Printer,
> Select Network printer,
> You then need to select the type of printer from the menu for it to
> install
> from the data base in Vista.
>

> Hi JerryM
> This I have done several times and it shows the printer on the lan.
> When I click on Next on the Vista 64 system it says connecting to the
> Photosmart 7660 printer.
> Then an error message comes up stating The server for the 'hp
> photosmart 7660 series' printer does not have the correct printer driver
> installed. I deleted and reinstalled the printer on the XP computer and
> it still comes up with the same message. It will not let me print from
> the Vista machine.
> THanks for the reply.
>

> --
> amcole

amcole

amcole;909787 Wrote:
> JerryMIf you go to control panel and select printers,
> Select Add Printer,
> Select Network printer,
> You then need to select the type of printer from the menu for it to
> install
> from the data base in Vista.
>

> Hi JerryM
> This I have done several times and it shows the printer on the lan.
> When I click on Next on the Vista 64 system it says connecting to the
> Photosmart 7660 printer.
> Then an error message comes up stating The server for the 'hp
> photosmart 7660 series' printer does not have the correct printer driver
> installed. I deleted and reinstalled the printer on the XP computer and
> it still comes up with the same message. It will not let me print from
> the Vista machine.
> THanks for the reply.

Yes - I'm stumped.

--