SATA Driver nvidia n570

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

SATA Driver nvidia n570
I'm new at all of this. I am building an AMD using nvidia n5470 motherboard.
Installing 2 WD HD; JBOD; SATA. Will I need to boot from floppy to install
SATA drivers with VISTA premium?
Richard G. Harper

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
No. If Vista can't find a hard drive you can install third-party disk
drivers from the screen that allows you to pick the installation drive, and
the drivers can be on a CD or USB thumb drive.

> I'm new at all of this. I am building an AMD using nvidia n5470
> motherboard.
> Installing 2 WD HD; JBOD; SATA. Will I need to boot from floppy to install
> SATA drivers with VISTA premium?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Same question with Home XP SP2. Do I have to use a floppy or can I install
from CD or other?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> No. If Vista can't find a hard drive you can install third-party disk
> drivers from the screen that allows you to pick the installation drive, and
> the drivers can be on a CD or USB thumb drive.

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm new at all of this. I am building an AMD using nvidia n5470
> > motherboard.
> > Installing 2 WD HD; JBOD; SATA. Will I need to boot from floppy to install
> > SATA drivers with VISTA premium?

Richard G. Harper

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Windows XP has not changed - you must use a floppy to install, same as when
it was released five years ago.

> Same question with Home XP SP2. Do I have to use a floppy or can I install
> from CD or other?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> No. If Vista can't find a hard drive you can install third-party disk
>> drivers from the screen that allows you to pick the installation drive,
>> and
>> the drivers can be on a CD or USB thumb drive.

>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm new at all of this. I am building an AMD using nvidia n5470
>> > motherboard.
>> > Installing 2 WD HD; JBOD; SATA. Will I need to boot from floppy to
>> > install
>> > SATA drivers with VISTA premium?

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Seems kinda lame, but thank you for the info.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Windows XP has not changed - you must use a floppy to install, same as when
> it was released five years ago.

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Same question with Home XP SP2. Do I have to use a floppy or can I install
> > from CD or other?
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> No. If Vista can't find a hard drive you can install third-party disk
> >> drivers from the screen that allows you to pick the installation drive,
> >> and
> >> the drivers can be on a CD or USB thumb drive.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

JW

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
AFAIK standard XP retail always shipped on a CD and never on a floppy so of
course it always installed from the CD is was shipped on.

"joseph2k" <quiettechblue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>
>> Windows XP has not changed - you must use a floppy to install, same as
>> when it was released five years ago.
>>

> That is really weird. Every XP copy i have booted and installed direct
> from
> the CD/DVD.
>
> Perhaps you are experiencing some other version of M$Windoze.
>
> --
> JosephKK
> Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.
> --Schiller

joseph2k

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Richard G. Harper wrote:

> Windows XP has not changed - you must use a floppy to install, same as
> when it was released five years ago.

That is really weird. Every XP copy i have booted and installed direct from
the CD/DVD.

Perhaps you are experiencing some other version of M$Windoze.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.┬*┬*
--Schiller
Richard G. Harper

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Context, please. We're talking about SATA add-on drivers, which require a
floppy diskette to install. If you trim the context you can make inane
statements but you can't change the temporal flow so get over it.

"joseph2k" <quiettechblue@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Richard G. Harper wrote:
>
>> Windows XP has not changed - you must use a floppy to install, same as
>> when it was released five years ago.
>>

> That is really weird. Every XP copy i have booted and installed direct
> from
> the CD/DVD.
>
> Perhaps you are experiencing some other version of M$Windoze.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Re: SATA Driver nvidia n570
Thank you Richard G.