RE: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED

=?Utf-8?B?QXJpZXMgR3JhcGhpYyBEZXNpZ24=?=

RE: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED
I am having the same problem. I updated from xp to vista business yesterday.
i have checked my drivers and they are working properly. I have tried
plugging my speakers into the headphone jack and that doesn't work either.
if you have an answer to this problem please post it.

Thank.s

"Zenteno" wrote:

> I just upgrade to windows vista, but I got no sound. Im in a Laptop Hp L2000,
> so it has the sound card in the motherboard.
>
> I click on the speaker icon on the Right bottom corner, I get a messages
> that says "No audio device output is installed".
>
> So I dont know what to do, if my speakers are part of the laptop....
>
> I will appreciate if somebody can help me

Adam Albright

Re: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:41:03 -0800, Aries Graphic Design <Aries
Graphic Design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the same problem. I updated from xp to vista business yesterday.
> i have checked my drivers and they are working properly. I have tried
>plugging my speakers into the headphone jack and that doesn't work either.
>if you have an answer to this problem please post it.

The answer may be surprising. I have a MB that has build-in audio
support and has no less then six jacks for various combinations of
speakers and a micophone. I didn't touch the cables for my 5-1
surround sound system and it worked fine in XP Pro. Well, like you
after installed Vista, no sound. What happened?

I downloaded a updated driver, Vista certified but for some goofy
reason it didn't like how the speakers were plugged in, yet didn't say
boo. So, one at a time I pulled plugs while "playing" a audio CD. A
little trial and error and some cable switching and back in business.
I know, makes no sense, but afterall we're talking about Windows.

If that don't work, check for a icon in your task tray for audio. Some
setups mute certain setting or push the slider way down and you can't
hear any sound. Also it is faily common to have a mute switch under
microphone. Depending on setup this may need to be on or off in order
to hear audio. I know, that makes no sense either.

=?Utf-8?B?S2FkaXphZGU=?=

RE: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED
I have recently bought a new Sony VAIO (Laptop) VGN-FE41E. After I
expericenced some windows problems I have upgraded the system software
(Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct). Then my computer fell silent. When I
hover over the sound icon next to the clock. (bottom right hand corner) I get
the message "No Audio Output Device is installed." Before I upgraded my Vista
the device worked properly-previously I was using the same system software.

To solve the problem I have tried the following:
1- In the control panel> Harware and sound > sound, it is indicated that “No
audio devices are installed”
2- In the control panel> Device manager, under Sound, video and game
conrollers I have found SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec. I have tried to
update the driver of this device by right clicking. I was notified that
“Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”
3- Afterwards I disabled and enabled the device. It did not solve the problem.
4- Afterwards I uninstalled the device and reinsalled it again in Device
manager. It did not work.
5- I also visited the driver databse website (
http://www.driversdb.com/device.php?id=73047 ) no driver is offered for this
product for windows Vista (For other system software they do).
6- VAIO website does also not offer drivers for this product.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

joseph2k

Kadizade wrote:

> I have recently bought a new Sony VAIO (Laptop) VGN-FE41E. After I
> expericenced some windows problems I have upgraded the system software
> (Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct). Then my computer fell silent. When I
> hover over the sound icon next to the clock. (bottom right hand corner) I
> get the message "No Audio Output Device is installed." Before I upgraded
> my Vista the device worked properly-previously I was using the same system
> software.
>
> To solve the problem I have tried the following:
> 1- In the control panel> Harware and sound > sound, it is indicated that
> “No audio devices are installed”
> 2- In the control panel> Device manager, under Sound, video and game
> conrollers I have found SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec. I have tried
> to update the driver of this device by right clicking. I was notified that
> “Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”
> 3- Afterwards I disabled and enabled the device. It did not solve the
> problem.
> 4- Afterwards I uninstalled the device and reinsalled it again in Device
> manager. It did not work.
> 5- I also visited the driver databse website (
> http://www.driversdb.com/device.php?id=73047 ) no driver is offered for
> this product for windows Vista (For other system software they do).
> 6- VAIO website does also not offer drivers for this product.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

You won't like the answer. You have run afoul of the Vista DRM, you must
completely erase the disk and reinstall. Of course you could just use XP.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**
=?Utf-8?B?RGVpZHJl?=

RE: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED
I too am having this same problem. External Bose speakers worked fine with
XP.....now I get nothing.....same messages as your getting...."No Audio
Device installed" This is driving me nuts......I'm ready to switch back to
XP or get a MAC!! Is there any way possible to get my money back on this
stupid Vista Home Premium?!!!!
I called customer support and they ended up telling me to call the Bose
people and see if they had any updated drivers. I haven't done that yet, but
I guess I will. I've had nothing but trouble with Vista.
If anyone knows specificly how to overcome this "audio" problem, please,
please advise!
Deidre

"Kadizade" wrote:

> I have recently bought a new Sony VAIO (Laptop) VGN-FE41E. After I
> expericenced some windows problems I have upgraded the system software
> (Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct). Then my computer fell silent. When I
> hover over the sound icon next to the clock. (bottom right hand corner) I get
> the message "No Audio Output Device is installed." Before I upgraded my Vista
> the device worked properly-previously I was using the same system software.
>
> To solve the problem I have tried the following:
> 1- In the control panel> Harware and sound > sound, it is indicated that “No
> audio devices are installed”
> 2- In the control panel> Device manager, under Sound, video and game
> conrollers I have found SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec. I have tried to
> update the driver of this device by right clicking. I was notified that
> “Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”
> 3- Afterwards I disabled and enabled the device. It did not solve the problem.
> 4- Afterwards I uninstalled the device and reinsalled it again in Device
> manager. It did not work.
> 5- I also visited the driver databse website (
> http://www.driversdb.com/device.php?id=73047 ) no driver is offered for this
> product for windows Vista (For other system software they do).
> 6- VAIO website does also not offer drivers for this product.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Ron Miller

joseph2k wrote:
> Kadizade wrote:
>
>> I have recently bought a new Sony VAIO (Laptop) VGN-FE41E. After I
>> expericenced some windows problems I have upgraded the system software
>> (Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct). Then my computer fell silent. When I
>> hover over the sound icon next to the clock. (bottom right hand corner) I
>> get the message "No Audio Output Device is installed." Before I upgraded
>> my Vista the device worked properly-previously I was using the same system
>> software.
>>
>> To solve the problem I have tried the following:
>> 1- In the control panel> Harware and sound > sound, it is indicated that
>> “No audio devices are installed”
>> 2- In the control panel> Device manager, under Sound, video and game
>> conrollers I have found SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec. I have tried
>> to update the driver of this device by right clicking. I was notified that
>> “Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date”
>> 3- Afterwards I disabled and enabled the device. It did not solve the
>> problem.
>> 4- Afterwards I uninstalled the device and reinsalled it again in Device
>> manager. It did not work.
>> 5- I also visited the driver databse website (
>> http://www.driversdb.com/device.php?id=73047 ) no driver is offered for
>> this product for windows Vista (For other system software they do).
>> 6- VAIO website does also not offer drivers for this product.
>>
>> Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

> You won't like the answer. You have run afoul of the Vista DRM, you must
> completely erase the disk and reinstall. Of course you could just use XP.

What's your basis for this statement?? I cannot see how Digital Rights
Management could possibly nullify performance of the sound device.

It sounds like he simply has to run a setup program to install the
drivers for the actual SigmaTel HD audio device. I think OP needs a
driver for the device rather than just the codec. Besides a codec, a
computer needs a codec interface, otherwise known as a sound card.
Rather than searching for a "driver" for a Sigmatel HD Audio Codec, I'd
search Sony for Vista drivers for this specific computer. When I did
that, although Sony lists about 20 laptops in the FE series, there is NO
such thing as a VGN-FE41E. Nevertheless, when looking at some of the
other FE-series computers, one finds pages like this one,
http://tinyurl.com/36x7ww, for example, which list a lot of things that
must be installed to make the computer compatible with Vista. The one
that jumps out is the SonicStage update. My guess is that installing
that software will allow the SigmaTel device and speakers to be
recognized and function. Nevertheless, it's optimal to be able to
download something from the page for the specific computer. I therefore
hope that "VGN-FE41E" was a typo and that there is a valid model number
to guide Kadizade.
=?Utf-8?B?RWptNTk0?=

RE: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED

Had the same problem with Vista...(no audio device installed)
Try this it works.........first go to microsoft and install the upgrade
(KB929685).....then go to the control panel>system>device
manager.....highlight the sound controller.......uninstall the High
Defination Sound Device and uninstall the driver (check box)........restart
the computer and the system will reinstall both and the upgrade prevents it
from happening again.
RPMSTL

Re: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED

This fix worked for me with Vista.

The key is to uninstall the device as well as the driver exactly as
noted above. I learn something new everyday.

--
RPMSTL
RPMSTL's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30982

http://forums.techarena.in

mafas

Ejm594;2674674 Wrote:
> Had the same problem with Vista...(no audio device installed)
> Try this it works.........first go to microsoft and install the
> upgrade
> (KB929685).....then go to the control panel>system>device
> manager.....highlight the sound controller.......uninstall the High
> Defination Sound Device and uninstall the driver (check
> box)........restart
> the computer and the system will reinstall both and the upgrade
> prevents it
> from happening again.

So, i'm having the same problem, did an upgrade (KB952709), and then
next thing I know my sound doesn't work 'No Audio Autput Device is
installed'.
I tried installing the upgrade (KB929685), but when i'm about to
install it, it says the update does not apply to my system.
My sound still doesn't work, and it's really getting on my nerves...
Please help!

--
mafas
mafas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mafas.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

bdock912

Re: NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH AN EMACHINE AND A REALTEK SOUND CARD BUT THIS
WILL WORK WITH ANY CARD YOU HAVE. THE ISSUE IS VISTA'S REQUIREMENT FOR
DRIVERS TO BE SIGNED IN A SPECIFIC MANNER. HERE'S HOW TO GET AROUND IT:

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST DRIVER FOR YOUR SOUND CARD TO YOUR PC
UNINSTALL THE EXISTING DRIVER FROM THE CONTROL PANEL/PROGRAMS SECTION
IF IT'S THERE AND/OR FROM THE DEVICE DRIVER SCREEN
RESTART THE PC AND HIT F8 TO GET THE BOOT MENU BEFORE VISTA STARTS
SELECT THE OPTION TO BOOT WITHOUT DRIVER SIGNING REQUIREMENT
WHEN THE PC STARTS IT WILL INSTALL A GENERIC DRIVER AND THE SOUND
SHOULD BE BACK
INSTALL THE DRIVER YOU DOWNLOADED IN STEP 1 ABOVE
RESTART ONCE AGAIN AND YOU SHOULD BE AS GOOD AS NEW

--
bdock912
bdock912's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/149395.htm