How do I Un-install windows vista?

=?Utf-8?B?SmF5a3Vw?=

How do I Un-install windows vista?
I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
with using it...

Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
new PC

So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
un-install vista?
=?Utf-8?B?TW9zY28=?=

RE: How do I Un-install windows vista?

Howdy,

Just pop in the XP install cd, then restart and choose boot from cd.

When you goto install XP, choose to reformat the Vista partition and install
there.

Hope that help's.

Best of luck
Robert Firth

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
Stick in the XP disk and boot from it. Follow the on screen instructions to
format the hard drive and install.

At least try Vista. Some people are having problems with it because they are
trying to upgrade old hardware that manufacturers have't written proper
drivers for. Since you just purchased a computer with Windows Vista on it,
it has already been screened by the manufacturer to have the proper drivers
and hardware to give the best possible experience.

Anyway, that is your decision. I'm using Vista frustration-free.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Jaykup" <Jaykup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
> microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
> with using it...
>
> Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
> new PC
>
> So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
> un-install vista?

Adam Albright

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:40:42 -0600, "Robert Firth"
<webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote:

>Stick in the XP disk and boot from it. Follow the on screen instructions to
>format the hard drive and install.
>
>At least try Vista. Some people are having problems with it because they are
>trying to upgrade old hardware that manufacturers have't written proper
>drivers for. Since you just purchased a computer with Windows Vista on it,
>it has already been screened by the manufacturer to have the proper drivers
>and hardware to give the best possible experience.
>
>Anyway, that is your decision. I'm using Vista frustration-free.

I really love this quote on your web page:

"It is now official. Windows Vista is finished."

Geez man, get real. Vista is so damn buggy the more experienced users
here got to wonder how the hell it went to production.

pete

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
You realise that you are opening yourself up to a heap of headaches in the
future...
Chances are your Warranty will expire as soon as you install XP
Chances are you will never be able to re install Vista without losing all
programs that you have installed......you will have to format the HD and
then install Vista.
All of the programs that came with the computer will be gone when you format
and install XP
What type of recovery came with the system?? do you even have a copy of
Vista or was it on a "recovery" partition??
Do you have Mobo/video/audio etc drivers for XP??
I personally dont care which OS you decide to use but you should be aware of
the consequences

peter
"Jaykup" <Jaykup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
> microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
> with using it...
>
> Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
> new PC
>
> So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
> un-install vista?

=?Utf-8?B?dmFzdQ==?=

RE: How do I Un-install windows vista?
Are you having any problems running Vista?
I also suggest continue to use Vista if not having any problem, As its your
clean install i dont think ther'll be much major issue.
Anyway its your decision, as posted by others, follow the instruction for XP.

"Jaykup" wrote:

> I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
> microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
> with using it...
>
> Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
> new PC
>
> So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
> un-install vista?

Michael Jennings

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
Be sure to get a set of system recovery disks so that you don't lose
the possibility of reinstalling Vista without paying for it again.

"Jaykup" <Jaykup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51271350-83CC-4225-B853-137E2FF44C92@microsoft.com...
>I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
> microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
> with using it...
>
> Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
> new PC
>
> So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
> un-install vista?

Squibbly

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?

"Jaykup" <Jaykup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a computer with windows vista on it and would like to give
> microsoft a chance to work the bugs out of vista before i frustrate myself
> with using it...
>
> Today i bought a brand new copy of XP and would like to install it onto my
> new PC
>
> So to the topic of this question.....What is the best (or only) way to
> un-install vista?

format the drive where vista is and install xp, simple

Tony

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
The same guys who released Windows ME too early, i think there names are:
dowe, cheatem, and how lol.

"Adam Albright" <AA@ABC.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:40:42 -0600, "Robert Firth"
> <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote:
>
>>Stick in the XP disk and boot from it. Follow the on screen instructions
>>format the hard drive and install.
>>
>>At least try Vista. Some people are having problems with it because they
>>are
>>trying to upgrade old hardware that manufacturers have't written proper
>>drivers for. Since you just purchased a computer with Windows Vista on it,
>>it has already been screened by the manufacturer to have the proper
>>drivers
>>and hardware to give the best possible experience.
>>
>>Anyway, that is your decision. I'm using Vista frustration-free.

> I really love this quote on your web page:
>
> "It is now official. Windows Vista is finished."
>
> Geez man, get real. Vista is so damn buggy the more experienced users
> here got to wonder how the hell it went to production.

Tony

Re: How do I Un-install windows vista?
"You realise that you are opening yourself up to a heap of headaches in the
future..."
"Chances are your Warranty will expire as soon as you install XP"

That's what you get for buying brand name PC's to begin with...

"Chances are you will never be able to re install Vista without losing all
programs that you have installed......you will have to format the HD and
then install Vista."

And, that's why applications are on CD's DVD's, so you can install them
again, and again and....
if they came preinstalled, find out where the install files are located, and
burn them to disk

"All of the programs that came with the computer will be gone when you
format
and install XP"

See answer above

"What type of recovery came with the system?? do you even have a copy of
Vista or was it on a "recovery" partition??"

If it's a recovery partition, this can be safely backed up on CD or DVD
using ghost or drive image.

"Do you have Mobo/video/audio etc drivers for XP??"

Easily downloadable from the brand name pc's website, or from the original
manufacturers websites