Premium retail to Ultimate retail back to Premium up/downgrading

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWVuMzIx?=

Premium retail to Ultimate retail back to Premium up/downgrading
Have retail Premium installed and ordered retail Ultimate to replace. How do
I uninstall Premium/install Ultimate so I can keep Premium for later use or
transferee/sale to someone else? If I keep Premium for later and buy a new
(future) computer can I uninstall Ultimate from old (current) computer and
then install on new (future) computer, then reinstall Premium back on old
(current) computer?

Flow info:

Old (current) computer: retail XP > retail Premium (as is now) > retail
Ultimate > back to same retail Premium

Future (new) computer: retail XP or OEM Vista Basic > old (current)
computer's retail Ultimate
Robert Firth

Re: Premium retail to Ultimate retail back to Premium up/downgrading
One retail license, doens't matter version, allows you to transfer it to
another computer as many times as you like as long as you first remove it
from the previous computer.

The license agreement also allows for one transfer to another person
(resale) I believe. Of course, how would they know anyway?

If activation ever fails on you, simply call them up and they will sort it
out. In the circumstances you have outlined this shouldn't be a problem.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have retail Premium installed and ordered retail Ultimate to replace. How
> do
> I uninstall Premium/install Ultimate so I can keep Premium for later use
> or
> transferee/sale to someone else? If I keep Premium for later and buy a
> new
> (future) computer can I uninstall Ultimate from old (current) computer and
> then install on new (future) computer, then reinstall Premium back on old
> (current) computer?
>
> Flow info:
>
> Old (current) computer: retail XP > retail Premium (as is now) > retail
> Ultimate > back to same retail Premium
>
> Future (new) computer: retail XP or OEM Vista Basic > old (current)
> computer's retail Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWVuMzIx?=

"Robert Firth" wrote:

> One retail license, doens't matter version, allows you to transfer it to
> another computer as many times as you like as long as you first remove it
> from the previous computer.
>
> The license agreement also allows for one transfer to another person
> (resale) I believe. Of course, how would they know anyway?
>
> If activation ever fails on you, simply call them up and they will sort it
> out. In the circumstances you have outlined this shouldn't be a problem.
>
> --
> /* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Robert Firth *
> * Windows Vista x86 RTM *
> * http://www.WinVistaInfo.org *
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
>
> "Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Thanks,

How do I remove or uninstall Premium before I install Ultimate? For future
referance how do you remove or unistall Ultimate to reinstall Premium?
Rock

Re: Premium retail to Ultimate retail back to Premium up/downgradi
"Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> "Robert Firth" wrote:
>
>> One retail license, doens't matter version, allows you to transfer it to
>> another computer as many times as you like as long as you first remove it
>> from the previous computer.
>>
>> The license agreement also allows for one transfer to another person
>> (resale) I believe. Of course, how would they know anyway?
>>
>> If activation ever fails on you, simply call them up and they will sort
>> it
>> out. In the circumstances you have outlined this shouldn't be a problem.

>> "Julien321" <Julien321@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Thanks,
>
> How do I remove or uninstall Premium before I install Ultimate? For
> future
> referance how do you remove or unistall Ultimate to reinstall Premium?

You don't have to uninstall Vista Premium as a separate step. Boot from the
DVD and choose a custom install. All the retail DVDs are the same. It's
the product key that tells the system what version to install and whether
it's an upgrade or full version. If you want delete the partition that VHP
is on or just format it. and install Ultimate.

Same process when installing VHP.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]