Gaming and Joystick Compatability

737driver

Gaming and Joystick Compatability
I've recently installed Windows Vista and when I try to play some of my
older games such as MS Flight Sim 98 the game will play but with the
keyboard only. I can not get the older games to recognize my usb MS
Precision 2 joystick. Newer games such as Flight Sim 2004 will work and
recognize the joystick. These older games did work on my old computer with
XP. Is there something I can do to get the older games to recognize my usb
joystick? Thanks for any info

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Gaming and Joystick Compatability
I would suggest that FS98 is not fully compatible with Vista.. have you
tried any games forums for possible workarounds?

"737driver" <737driv@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've recently installed Windows Vista and when I try to play some of my
> older games such as MS Flight Sim 98 the game will play but with the
> keyboard only. I can not get the older games to recognize my usb MS
> Precision 2 joystick. Newer games such as Flight Sim 2004 will work and
> recognize the joystick. These older games did work on my old computer
> with XP. Is there something I can do to get the older games to recognize
> my usb joystick? Thanks for any info

737driver

Re: Gaming and Joystick Compatability
Well, I did and no luck. I still have a computer with XP and will just play
the games on it. I have several older games that my joystick will not work
with in Vista. My newer games do work with the joystick in Vista so I'm
guessing that the games are looking for old Midi game port joysticks and
since all I have anymore is a usb one, it isn't showing up in the games.
Not a big deal since I still have an XP machine but will keep looking for
some sort of patch that will work with Vista. Thanks