Java and Windows Vista won't install

=?Utf-8?B?VmFsZXJpZSBIZWJlcnQ=?=

Java and Windows Vista won't install
Ok please don't beat up on me but I am having a problem here..

I have been trying to download jre6 and it starts to download but then i get
the pop up message says..."the installation package could not be opened.
verify the package exists and that you can access it or contact the
application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package"

Huh?

I upgraded my Windows Vista earlier tonight although I only purchased the
computer 4 days ago and well, I'm lost. I've read through several of these
threads and none of them seem to have my problem. How do I fix this?

Valerie
Jane C

Re: Java and Windows Vista won't install
Did you select 'run' as opposed to 'save'? Try again, this time save the
installer to your Downloads folder. Once it has downloaded, navigate to it
in your downloads folder and launch installer from there.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"Valerie Hebert" <Valerie Hebert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok please don't beat up on me but I am having a problem here..
>
> I have been trying to download jre6 and it starts to download but then i
> get
> the pop up message says..."the installation package could not be opened.
> verify the package exists and that you can access it or contact the
> application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package"
>
> Huh?
>
> I upgraded my Windows Vista earlier tonight although I only purchased the
> computer 4 days ago and well, I'm lost. I've read through several of
> these
> threads and none of them seem to have my problem. How do I fix this?
>
> Valerie

=?Utf-8?B?VmFsZXJpZSBIZWJlcnQ=?=

Re: Java and Windows Vista won't install

Ok, I've tried that now too. Nothing is working. Any other suggestions?

Valerie
"Jane C" wrote:

> Did you select 'run' as opposed to 'save'? Try again, this time save the
> installer to your Downloads folder. Once it has downloaded, navigate to it
> in your downloads folder and launch installer from there.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> "Valerie Hebert" <Valerie Hebert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok please don't beat up on me but I am having a problem here..
> >
> > I have been trying to download jre6 and it starts to download but then i
> > get
> > the pop up message says..."the installation package could not be opened.
> > verify the package exists and that you can access it or contact the
> > application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package"
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> > I upgraded my Windows Vista earlier tonight although I only purchased the
> > computer 4 days ago and well, I'm lost. I've read through several of
> > these
> > threads and none of them seem to have my problem. How do I fix this?
> >
> > Valerie

Donald McDaniel

> Ok, I've tried that now too. Nothing is working. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Valerie
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> Did you select 'run' as opposed to 'save'? Try again, this time save the
>> installer to your Downloads folder. Once it has downloaded, navigate to it
>> in your downloads folder and launch installer from there.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> "Valerie Hebert" <Valerie Hebert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Ok please don't beat up on me but I am having a problem here..
>> >
>> > I have been trying to download jre6 and it starts to download but then i
>> > get
>> > the pop up message says..."the installation package could not be opened.
>> > verify the package exists and that you can access it or contact the
>> > application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package"
>> >
>> > Huh?
>> >
>> > I upgraded my Windows Vista earlier tonight although I only purchased the
>> > computer 4 days ago and well, I'm lost. I've read through several of
>> > these
>> > threads and none of them seem to have my problem. How do I fix this?
>> >
>> > Valerie

Download the network installer for Java rather than doing the on-line
installation.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.