Stupid Vista No format option

TedF

Stupid Vista No format option
I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
It wouldn't give setup options.

I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

TedF

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
Also opening the good looking Retail box was a nightmare,
I had to ply it with a screw driver for the stupid thing to open.

"TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
> It wouldn't give setup options.
>
> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

Dale White

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
I've done about 7 or 8 re installs of Vista on my systems. Never had the
problem you are describing. Did you go into the BIOS and tell it to make
your CD\DVD the first boot device ?

"TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
> It wouldn't give setup options.
>
> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

TedF

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
It was booting to Vista CD OK, but instead of running
setup, Vista release 2 start booting and starts Windows.

> your CD\DVD the first boot device ?

Already set.
And I press the Enter key when It asks you to boot
from the CD.

"Dale White" <dale.white@NOinsightbb.NOcom> wrote in message
news:gIydnZdLaLU0SEvYnZ2dnUVZ_sKunZ2d@insightbb.co m...
> I've done about 7 or 8 re installs of Vista on my systems. Never had the
> problem you are describing. Did you go into the BIOS and tell it to make
> your CD\DVD the first boot device ?
>

> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
>> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
>> It wouldn't give setup options.
>>
>> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
>> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

Squibbly

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
there is an option on the right to decide whether you want to format, its
under more options? unless im thinking your using the upgrade version????

how did you find it so dificult to open? all you need to remove the side
tape on the plastic holder

> It was booting to Vista CD OK, but instead of running
> setup, Vista release 2 start booting and starts Windows.
>
>> your CD\DVD the first boot device ?

> Already set.
> And I press the Enter key when It asks you to boot
> from the CD.
>
> "Dale White" <dale.white@NOinsightbb.NOcom> wrote in message
> news:gIydnZdLaLU0SEvYnZ2dnUVZ_sKunZ2d@insightbb.co m...
>> I've done about 7 or 8 re installs of Vista on my systems. Never had the
>> problem you are describing. Did you go into the BIOS and tell it to make
>> your CD\DVD the first boot device ?
>>

>> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>>>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
>>> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
>>> It wouldn't give setup options.
>>>
>>> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
>>> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

Rock

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
"TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote

>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
> It wouldn't give setup options.
>
> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

What version of Vista did you use? The only way to do an upgrade in place
from Vista RC2 to an RTM version of Vista is by the full retail Ultimate
edition. RC2 is not a qualifying OS for the use of any of the upgrade
editions.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
"TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote

> Also opening the good looking Retail box was a nightmare,
> I had to ply it with a screw driver for the stupid thing to open.

<snip>

A box is not sentient, so it can't be smart or stupid. That's up to the
person manipulating it, eh?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

TedF

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
I bought the full version Home Premium.

"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote
>
>>I had Vista Release 2, tried to install retail vista, but
>> the stupid thing boots the CD then starts Release 2.
>> It wouldn't give setup options.
>>
>> I had to use Windows XP installation CD to re-partition
>> and format drive, then I was able to install Vista.

> What version of Vista did you use? The only way to do an upgrade in place
> from Vista RC2 to an RTM version of Vista is by the full retail Ultimate
> edition. RC2 is not a qualifying OS for the use of any of the upgrade
> editions.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

TedF

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
The box lock is clumsy, no matter how I press on it, it
still wouldn't open.
Yes the tape was and is removed, and the red pull tab
got unglued.

> That's up to the person manipulating it, eh?

Or making it.

> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote
>
>> Also opening the good looking Retail box was a nightmare,
>> I had to ply it with a screw driver for the stupid thing to open.

> <snip>
>
> A box is not sentient, so it can't be smart or stupid. That's up to the
> person manipulating it, eh?
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

TedF

Re: Stupid Vista No format option
What I meant to say.

The CD just wouldn't continue booting, R2 override the booting
process.