OEM Vista

=?Utf-8?B?amFnYW1hbg==?=

OEM Vista
I just received a new computer with Windows Vista and when I go to the
Microsoft Support site it does not except the Product ID? Does anyone know
why. I just activated my software today.
Jane C

Re: OEM Vista
You need to go to the support site of the computer manufacturer. They are
responsible for providing support.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"jagaman" <jagabits@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just received a new computer with Windows Vista and when I go to the
> Microsoft Support site it does not except the Product ID? Does anyone
> know
> why. I just activated my software today.

Rock

Re: OEM Vista
"jagaman" <jagabits@yahoo.com> wrote

>I just received a new computer with Windows Vista and when I go to the
> Microsoft Support site it does not except the Product ID? Does anyone
> know
> why. I just activated my software today.

MS does not support OEM. You are you're own support.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock

Re: OEM Vista
"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote

> "jagaman" <jagabits@yahoo.com> wrote
>
>>I just received a new computer with Windows Vista and when I go to the
>> Microsoft Support site it does not except the Product ID? Does anyone
>> know
>> why. I just activated my software today.

> MS does not support OEM. You are you're own support.

Oops somehow I was thinking you bought an OEM copy. Don't know where that
came in..lol.. In any event, as Jane said, with a new computer, the tech
support for the computer. They are you're support.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Fedwayguy

Re: OEM Vista
"jagaman" <jagabits@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just received a new computer with Windows Vista and when I go to the
> Microsoft Support site it does not except the Product ID? Does anyone
> know
> why. I just activated my software today.

One good reason why Microsoft will not provide OEM support is the fact that
the manufacturer of your computer may have tweaked Vista to work with
certain hardware installed in your system. I've known people to try and
install an Operating System that came on a restore CD from some
manufacturer, other than their own. Won't work. My wife has a eMachine
running XP Home and it has a restore CD/DVD in case of a major malfunction.
XP Home is on that disk. Won't work in any other computer.

The manufacturer of your particular system will give you all the support you
need, and free as well. It's a good way to find out how well they support
their customers. You didn't mention the brand of your PC. Would be nice to
know.

You will also do well by finding a friend that knows computers inside and
out. That's how I learned how to work on PC's and pass certification exams,
besides making a good PC book a fixture in my bathroom.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHR5?=

Re: OEM Vista
I just had an issue where some idiots scratched a hole in my Vista OEM label
on the computer. Unfortunately, this messed up some of the product key. I
chatted with a customer service rep, and although helpful, didn't get
anywhere, so I asked for a manager...I am expecting a new OEM disk and label
in the mail soon. Best wishes on this!