Windows Vista Start up

=?Utf-8?B?VEsx?=

Windows Vista Start up
Hey Guys

Just a quick question. I installed Vista and I had no problems. The only
thing is when the PC starts up i feel like somethings missing.

On XP when the PC booted up it showed the Windows Xp logo and some green
line moving side to side. Now when Vista loads there is no logo but still a
yellow line moving side to side.

Is the logo missing for some reason or is that how it is supposed to be?

Help!
Jane C

Re: Windows Vista Start up
The logo has been removed in Vista.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"TK1" <TK1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Guys
>
> Just a quick question. I installed Vista and I had no problems. The only
> thing is when the PC starts up i feel like somethings missing.
>
> On XP when the PC booted up it showed the Windows Xp logo and some green
> line moving side to side. Now when Vista loads there is no logo but still
> yellow line moving side to side.
>
> Is the logo missing for some reason or is that how it is supposed to be?
>
> Help!

Adam Albright

Re: Windows Vista Start up
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:21:00 -0800, TK1
<TK1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hey Guys
>
>Just a quick question. I installed Vista and I had no problems. The only
>thing is when the PC starts up i feel like somethings missing.
>
>On XP when the PC booted up it showed the Windows Xp logo and some green
>line moving side to side. Now when Vista loads there is no logo but still a
>yellow line moving side to side.
>
>Is the logo missing for some reason or is that how it is supposed to be?
>
>Help!

Yep, its suppose to look that way. I guess Microsoft is going for a
cleaner look.

They could have threw up a picture of Billy G. Yes, that is him in his
younger days posing for a mug shot in New Mexico for speeding and
driving without a license. Rumor has it is was on the way to his local
Apple Store to pick up a Apple II.

http://www.arrested.com/image/3805948.jpg

http://www.fiveanddime.net/images/billarrested.gif

http://www.gadgetizer.com/2006/11/14...-for-speeding/

Rock

Re: Windows Vista Start up
"TK1" <TK1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Hey Guys
>
> Just a quick question. I installed Vista and I had no problems. The only
> thing is when the PC starts up i feel like somethings missing.
>
> On XP when the PC booted up it showed the Windows Xp logo and some green
> line moving side to side. Now when Vista loads there is no logo but still
> yellow line moving side to side.
>
> Is the logo missing for some reason or is that how it is supposed to be?

No more logo in any of the versions, to speed up the boot by a few seconds.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Chad Harris

Re: Windows Vista Start up/This is *not a Vista install question.
This is a Vista install group. Questions like this should be directed to the
"general" group.

CH

"TK1" <TK1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Guys
>
> Just a quick question. I installed Vista and I had no problems. The only
> thing is when the PC starts up i feel like somethings missing.
>
> On XP when the PC booted up it showed the Windows Xp logo and some green
> line moving side to side. Now when Vista loads there is no logo but still
> yellow line moving side to side.
>
> Is the logo missing for some reason or is that how it is supposed to be?
>
> Help!

BobS

Re: Windows Vista Start up/This is *not a Vista install question.
How to put this nicely.....

I can appreciate your wanting to keep things on-topic here but you'll have
to admit that *-setup* is a rather broad title which encompasses many
things.

Consider:

1. If it wasn't for us paying customers, there wouldn't be a newsgroup like
this and no need for your assistance or anyone else's either.
2. If the MS Tech support was of *any* value - we would probably use it thus
negating the need for this group and your assistance.
3. Since we're the customers that keeps this cash cow going and all the MS
employee's employed - I think we have a bit more say about what can be
discussed here or not. The group is good at policing itself and no net
nanny's need apply.
4. I do not want to discourage your helping others and I'm assuming you're a
volunteer, so be nice and we'll be nice in return and everybody gets what
they want. Surely an off-topic discussion or two is not going to waste any
more bandwidth than your posts telling us about it. We know it's off-topic
but we also know some of the more knowledgeable individuals hang out here
and will make an attempt to be helpful without being overbearing.

Besides its more fun here....
Bob S.