I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?anJzaG9ydGJ1c3J5ZGF6?=

I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
I have my disk, but when I put it into my drive it doesn't auto-run. So, I
got to 'My Computer' click on the drive and they have all kinds of files and
whatnot. I'm not sure what to click on to install.
Dale M. White

Re: I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
If you are looking for Auto run, can't you just right click on the DVD disc
and choose PLAY ? Or something to that affect ?

There should be a setup.exe file to run

"jrshortbusrydaz" <jrshortbusrydaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E591E003-0BE0-435F-8AA3-8E4B8264C871@microsoft.com...
>I have my disk, but when I put it into my drive it doesn't auto-run. So, I
> got to 'My Computer' click on the drive and they have all kinds of files
> and
> whatnot. I'm not sure what to click on to install.

Conor

Re: I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
In article <E591E003-0BE0-435F-8AA3-8E4B8264C871@microsoft.com>,
jrshortbusrydaz says...
> I have my disk, but when I put it into my drive it doesn't auto-run. So, I
> got to 'My Computer' click on the drive and they have all kinds of files and
> whatnot. I'm not sure what to click on to install.

Setup.exe

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Adam Albright

Re: I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:20:05 -0500, "Dale M. White"
<dale.white@NOinsightbb.NOcom> wrote:

>If you are looking for Auto run, can't you just right click on the DVD disc
>and choose PLAY ? Or something to that affect ?
>
>There should be a setup.exe file to run

If you are attempting a install in place (overwrite your present OS),
then Vista is designed to run from within the current OS. Assuming
your have XP, use shut down all your applications, then while in XP
insert the new Vista DVD and then follow the on screen prompts.

>"jrshortbusrydaz" <jrshortbusrydaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message news:E591E003-0BE0-435F-8AA3-8E4B8264C871@microsoft.com...
>>I have my disk, but when I put it into my drive it doesn't auto-run. So, I
>> got to 'My Computer' click on the drive and they have all kinds of files
>> and
>> whatnot. I'm not sure what to click on to install.

John Barnett MVP

Re: I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
In the list of files on the DVD you should see a file marked setup. Click on
this to start the setup program.

Looking at the DVD folders?files you should have the following:

Boot
Sources
Upgrade
Bootmgr
EFI
Support
AutoRun
Setup

Setup is the one you need to click on.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"jrshortbusrydaz" <jrshortbusrydaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E591E003-0BE0-435F-8AA3-8E4B8264C871@microsoft.com...
>I have my disk, but when I put it into my drive it doesn't auto-run. So, I
> got to 'My Computer' click on the drive and they have all kinds of files
> and
> whatnot. I'm not sure what to click on to install.

Dustin Harper

Re: I'm not sure how to upgrade to Windows Vista.
You can just click the setup.exe file to install. Sometimes Autoplay is
turned off on your PC.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com