Easy Transfer and Outlook

=?Utf-8?B?UkhFQUQ=?=

Easy Transfer and Outlook
I have just purchased a new computer with Windows Vista installed and used
Easy Transfer to transfer my files and settings from my XP computer to the
Vista computer. It all appeared to run smoothly.

Now, when I send messages to my distribution lists, I receive Invalid
Recipent messages. I checked with the intended recipients on the list(s) and
some received the message, but some did not.

I have checked my mail account settings, and everything looks accurate. Is
there a known issue with easy transfer that might cause this problem?
Rock

Re: Easy Transfer and Outlook
"RHEAD" <RHEAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have just purchased a new computer with Windows Vista installed and used
> Easy Transfer to transfer my files and settings from my XP computer to the
> Vista computer. It all appeared to run smoothly.
>
> Now, when I send messages to my distribution lists, I receive Invalid
> Recipent messages. I checked with the intended recipients on the list(s)
> and
> some received the message, but some did not.
>
> I have checked my mail account settings, and everything looks accurate.
> Is
> there a known issue with easy transfer that might cause this problem?

You might want to post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. Knowledgeable
folks there and it's OS independent.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Chad Harris

Re: Easy Transfer and Outlook/Not an install question.
This is either a Vista general question or one for Outlook or Outlook
general. It's not an install.
"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> "RHEAD" <RHEAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>>I have just purchased a new computer with Windows Vista installed and used
>> Easy Transfer to transfer my files and settings from my XP computer to
>> the
>> Vista computer. It all appeared to run smoothly.
>>
>> Now, when I send messages to my distribution lists, I receive Invalid
>> Recipent messages. I checked with the intended recipients on the list(s)
>> and
>> some received the message, but some did not.
>>
>> I have checked my mail account settings, and everything looks accurate.
>> Is
>> there a known issue with easy transfer that might cause this problem?

> You might want to post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. Knowledgeable
> folks there and it's OS independent.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?UkhFQUQ=?=

Re: Easy Transfer and Outlook/Not an install question.
That is so funny. This problem came about with the INSTALL of Vista.
Apparently, a problem with the SETUP is causing e-mail issues. I'll hobble
on over to the Outlook area and see what I can not learn there. Techies love
passing the buck, don't they?