Driver search currupt...Have to manaully point to Windows32 for all driver searches...

William Dowell

Driver search currupt...Have to manaully point to Windows32 for all driver searches...
Whenever I add a hardware device - from basic things of External HDD, camera
or USB keys etc, the driver search fails, and asks for a manual location..
Same goes for hubs. All items really. Now, I KNOW Vista has all of this
built in - because you just tell it, each time, to go to Windows32, and it
finds the mass-storage / or other driver no problemt.

However EVERYTIME i add somthing new it does this. This didnt happen when i
first installed Vista, and its a horribe experience. I want it back
automatically installing!

Is there a fix for this / Re-set somthing in the registry? it's driving me
insane!

Kind regards,
William

Chad Harris

Re: Driver search /Not a setup issue.
Why post on a group for setup issues?

CH

"William Dowell >>>> ((dowell@gmail.com>)" <william(((> wrote in message
> Whenever I add a hardware device - from basic things of External HDD,
> camera or USB keys etc, the driver search fails, and asks for a manual
> location.. Same goes for hubs. All items really. Now, I KNOW Vista has all
> of this built in - because you just tell it, each time, to go to
> Windows32, and it finds the mass-storage / or other driver no problemt.
>
> However EVERYTIME i add somthing new it does this. This didnt happen when
> i first installed Vista, and its a horribe experience. I want it back
> automatically installing!
>
> Is there a fix for this / Re-set somthing in the registry? it's driving me
> insane!
>
> Kind regards,
> William

William Dowell

Re: Driver search /Not a setup issue.
Chad,

To be honest, I searched through Windows Mail - under the pre-configured
Microsoft Communities account, and this is the one I found to be the most
appropriate...I couldn't find anything more specific to the driver
controllers etc. Perhaps I missed it (all the languages seem mixed up, which
doesn't really help!).Which group should I send these to ?

I considered that set up would include driver issues - and as it's nothing
with a particular driver- just a Windows Vista issue I've come across...as
I set up my computer with vista, and bang, this happen! - I mean.. please..
please.. do advise on somewhere more appropriate.

Regards,

William

"Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
> Why post on a group for setup issues?
>
> CH
>

> "William Dowell >>>> ((dowell@gmail.com>)" <william(((> wrote in message
>> Whenever I add a hardware device - from basic things of External HDD,
>> camera or USB keys etc, the driver search fails, and asks for a manual
>> location.. Same goes for hubs. All items really. Now, I KNOW Vista has
>> all of this built in - because you just tell it, each time, to go to
>> Windows32, and it finds the mass-storage / or other driver no problemt.
>>
>> However EVERYTIME i add somthing new it does this. This didnt happen when
>> i first installed Vista, and its a horribe experience. I want it back
>> automatically installing!
>>
>> Is there a fix for this / Re-set somthing in the registry? it's driving
>> me insane!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> William

Chad Harris

Re: Driver search currupt...Have to manaully point to Windows32 for all driver searches...
Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH

"William Dowell >>>> ((dowell@gmail.com>)" <william(((> wrote in message
> Whenever I add a hardware device - from basic things of External HDD,
> camera or USB keys etc, the driver search fails, and asks for a manual
> location.. Same goes for hubs. All items really. Now, I KNOW Vista has all
> of this built in - because you just tell it, each time, to go to
> Windows32, and it finds the mass-storage / or other driver no problemt.
>
> However EVERYTIME i add somthing new it does this. This didnt happen when
> i first installed Vista, and its a horribe experience. I want it back
> automatically installing!
>
> Is there a fix for this / Re-set somthing in the registry? it's driving me
> insane!
>
> Kind regards,
> William

William Dowell

Re: Driver search currupt...Have to manaully point to Windows32 for all driver searches...
Thanks CH - I have now, but so far no one knows the ansnwer... Ill continue
to post the issue in there..