Good info for users of localized, non-US versions of Vista Ultimate

Edric

Good info for users of localized, non-US versions of Vista Ultimate
Hi

I had this great doubt before buying a non-US localized version of Vista
Ultimate (specifically Portuguese): was it able to receive all the latest
updates as the US version?

Yes, but you first have to go to Vista Updates and get the "English Language
Pack", install it, logoff, login and run Windows Update again: there you
will see all the updates that were not designed to you localized version.

That overcomes the frustration of non-US users not being able to get, for
example, the DreamScene Preview. Just put the OS in English and there you
go: DreamScene on the list of available updates.

Edric

Chad Harris

Re: Good info for the Vista general group. This is setup.
Why post this on a group for Vista setup issues. It's not relevant to Vista
setup.

CH

"Edric" <ebfilho@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I had this great doubt before buying a non-US localized version of Vista
> Ultimate (specifically Portuguese): was it able to receive all the latest
> updates as the US version?
>
> Yes, but you first have to go to Vista Updates and get the "English
> Language Pack", install it, logoff, login and run Windows Update again:
> there you will see all the updates that were not designed to you localized
> version.
>
> That overcomes the frustration of non-US users not being able to get, for
> example, the DreamScene Preview. Just put the OS in English and there you
> go: DreamScene on the list of available updates.
>
> Edric

Edric

Re: Good info for the Vista general group. This is setup.
I thought it was, since setting up a dual-language installation for having
access to several language-specific updates could be more pertaining to this
group to any other, IMHO.

Anyway, sorry for disturbing your group patrolling service...

Edric