How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima

=?Utf-8?B?QXJvbWVz?=

How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima
I've just bought a laptop from DELL and it came with Vista Home Basic
Edition (which I find worthless since it does not make that much difference
with the Windows XP/Media Center I bought couple of years ago). Anyway, I am
gathering money in order to buy the MS Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
What's the best way to do that:
-Should I simply buy the Ultimate Edition and install it over the Basic Home
Edition?
or, as I've heard, should I simply purchase the serial key of the Ultimate
Edition from Microsoft, and that will unlock the Home Basic version?
Thanks
Conor

Re: How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima
In article <A36CACE0-ABC3-48B6-A7F3-24D9F8F0BD13@microsoft.com>, Aromes
says...
> I've just bought a laptop from DELL and it came with Vista Home Basic
> Edition (which I find worthless since it does not make that much difference
> with the Windows XP/Media Center I bought couple of years ago). Anyway, I am
> gathering money in order to buy the MS Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
> What's the best way to do that:
> -Should I simply buy the Ultimate Edition and install it over the Basic Home
> Edition?
> or, as I've heard, should I simply purchase the serial key of the Ultimate
> Edition from Microsoft, and that will unlock the Home Basic version?
> Thanks

Buy an OEM version from an e-tailer and do a clean install using that.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Chad Harris

Re: How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima
Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH