Very Very Uset at Microsoft, But Sure They Do Not Care

Nevsky

Very Very Uset at Microsoft, But Sure They Do Not Care
I have been getting these messages that I do not have a legitimate version of
Vista when I know 100% I do. I have been using it for Seven months and have
not made any material hardware changes to my system (especially recently).
Suddenly I get these messages and of course there is no one at Microsoft to
call. I need my computer now. How can Microsoft produce such a shoddy
product (I am now getting notes on screen my software may not be valid).
Well, I bought it from buy.com or Amazon.com seven months ago and it
installed and validated without a problem and now I have issues and I have a
desperate need to use my computer now. I realize that Micorosft does not
apparently care about its customers or something like this would not happen
or there would be someone I could call 24/7. (P.S. I can not even run my
spell checker.) Maybe the EU is right...... Help.....
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Very Very Uset at Microsoft, But Sure They Do Not Care
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on "Validate Windows"
then restart your computer.

If you still have an issue, then reset the activation as follows:

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

"Nevsky" <Nevsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11B1282D-2F1E-4A36-AD9C-09FD410C2A42@microsoft.com...
[...]

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I called Australia Microsoft
(who else is there to all on a Sunday night from the US?) and he suggested
phone activation. In the process of talking to Australia, I got cut off from
phone activation (which I dialed while on hold with Australia) and wound up
with a helpful person at Microsoft phone activation in India who got me
going, but now I have to call some Microsoft fraud number in the US. At
least it is working, but there is something wrong with the process when a
copy I know is valid and had been activated for seven months (with weekly
Microsoft updates too) suddenly for no apparent reason goes bad. In fact, I
wonder if the problem was with the last update. I have Vista 64-bit
Ultimate. Now that I can get into my computer, I checked and confirmed that
I purchased it from Amazon.com. If it is not legitimate, why does Microsoft
not take it up with Amazon—they are both in Seattle.

Thank you once again for your help.