pre-installed Vista product key

=?Utf-8?B?Q0pH?=

pre-installed Vista product key
The product key on the back of my brand new Notebook for Vista is not being
accepted when prompted to register Office software. I am sure that I am
keying it in correctly - no dyslexia or mistaken alphanumerics. Help.
--
CJG
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: pre-installed Vista product key
The Product Key affixed to the notebook is for Windows and not Office.
Check the package with the Office CDs/DVDs, the Product Key is there.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The product key on the back of my brand new Notebook for Vista is not
> being
> accepted when prompted to register Office software. I am sure that I am
> keying it in correctly - no dyslexia or mistaken alphanumerics. Help.
> --
> CJG

=?Utf-8?B?Q0pH?=

Re: pre-installed Vista product key
I thought that too, but there were no CDs nor DVDs that came with this
purchase. I bought this from CompUSA in Jacksonville, FL.
Thanks for responding.
--
CJG

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> The Product Key affixed to the notebook is for Windows and not Office.
> Check the package with the Office CDs/DVDs, the Product Key is there.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The product key on the back of my brand new Notebook for Vista is not
> > being
> > accepted when prompted to register Office software. I am sure that I am
> > keying it in correctly - no dyslexia or mistaken alphanumerics. Help.
> > --
> > CJG

pvdg42

>I thought that too, but there were no CDs nor DVDs that came with this
> purchase. I bought this from CompUSA in Jacksonville, FL.
> Thanks for responding.
> --
> CJG

Then, contact CompUSA, as they are the OEM. They are responsible to either
supply the required key or take care of the problem in a different way.

pvdg42

Re: pre-installed Vista product key

"CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I thought that too, but there were no CDs nor DVDs that came with this
> purchase. I bought this from CompUSA in Jacksonville, FL.
> Thanks for responding.
> --
> CJG

Correction to my previous.
Contact the notebook manufacturer. They are the OEM.

JW

Re: pre-installed Vista product key
Did you actually also buy Office 2007 from them and does it show on your
receipt?
It is now free just because you bought Vista since it is a separate product
and can be purshased and installed on no Vista PCs.

"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message

> "CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I thought that too, but there were no CDs nor DVDs that came with this
>> purchase. I bought this from CompUSA in Jacksonville, FL.
>> Thanks for responding.
>> --
>> CJG
>>

> Correction to my previous.
> Contact the notebook manufacturer. They are the OEM.

Zim Babwe

Korrection !
I hope you meant it is NOT free, and not NOW free!

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Did you actually also buy Office 2007 from them and does it show on your
> receipt?
> It is now free just because you bought Vista since it is a separate
> product and can be purshased and installed on no Vista PCs.
>
> "pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>>
>> "CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I thought that too, but there were no CDs nor DVDs that came with this
>>> purchase. I bought this from CompUSA in Jacksonville, FL.
>>> Thanks for responding.
>>> --
>>> CJG
>>>

>> Correction to my previous.
>> Contact the notebook manufacturer. They are the OEM.

JW

Yep it was a typo
Yep I made another typo.
Thank you for catchng it.

"Zim Babwe" <zimbabwe@doyoureallythinkthisisreal.com> wrote in message
>I hope you meant it is NOT free, and not NOW free!
>

> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> Did you actually also buy Office 2007 from them and does it show on your
>> receipt?
>> It is now free just because you bought Vista since it is a separate
>> product and can be purshased and installed on no Vista PCs.
>>
>> "pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CJG" <CJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Correction to my previous.
>>> Contact the notebook manufacturer. They are the OEM.

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xB?=

"CJG" wrote:

> The product key on the back of my brand new Notebook for Vista is not being
> accepted when prompted to register Office software. I am sure that I am
> keying it in correctly - no dyslexia or mistaken alphanumerics. Help.
> --
> CJG I'M HAVING SAME PROBLEM ON MY NEW LAPTOP PURCHASED FEB 2007

NOT EVEN 1 MONTH OLD HAVE YOU GOTTON ANY RESULTS/
JW

Re: pre-installed Vista product key
What does the Product key for The Vista OS have to do with the product key
for the Office Software? Your Office Software key came with your copy of
Office