my profile

=?Utf-8?B?Q01SdWRvbHR6?=

my profile
as I am trying to read and get assistance from microsoft,I get a
message,update your profile,I have tried and cannot do this at all, I get
back some,sorry,what looks like gibberish to me with a series of commands
that are way above my head,Im truly getting annoyed at this new system,andnow
the silly computer of mine of 4 days
Adam Albright

Re: my profile
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:26:46 -0800, CMRudoltz
<CMRudoltz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>as I am trying to read and get assistance from microsoft,I get a
>message,update your profile,I have tried and cannot do this at all, I get
>back some,sorry,what looks like gibberish to me with a series of commands
>that are way above my head,Im truly getting annoyed at this new system,andnow
>the silly computer of mine of 4 days

My guess, and that's all it is, is your problem has something to do
with permissions and/or administrative rights. If you can get to
Control Panel, click on the User Accounts. Turn off user account
control and Vista should behave more like XP and not be such a pain in
the ass constantly nagging over you having the right or not to do
certain tasks, install hardware, run software and all the other things
Vista now nags about pointlessly. You can turn it back on later once
you get past the bump.

My guess, 99.999% of all Vista users will sooner or later turn off
UAC, it is poorly implemented, not that well documented and overly
jittery setting off both false negatives and false positives warnings
constantly.

Security and Microsoft is just another oxymoron. They go together like
oil and water.

Rock

Re: my profile
"CMRudoltz" <CMRudoltz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> as I am trying to read and get assistance from microsoft,I get a
> message,update your profile,I have tried and cannot do this at all, I get
> back some,sorry,what looks like gibberish to me with a series of commands
> that are way above my head,Im truly getting annoyed at this new
> system,andnow
> the silly computer of mine of 4 days

Where/when exactly does this message appear and what is the content of it?
What version of Vista? Upgrade or clean install or OEM install from the
computer vendor? If it's a new computer have you contacted the computer
tech support?

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?Q01SdWRvbHR6?=

Re: my profile
Thank you Adam I will try this.Sounds good to me.CMR

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:26:46 -0800, CMRudoltz
> <CMRudoltz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >as I am trying to read and get assistance from microsoft,I get a
> >message,update your profile,I have tried and cannot do this at all, I get
> >back some,sorry,what looks like gibberish to me with a series of commands
> >that are way above my head,Im truly getting annoyed at this new system,andnow
> >the silly computer of mine of 4 days

> My guess, and that's all it is, is your problem has something to do
> with permissions and/or administrative rights. If you can get to
> Control Panel, click on the User Accounts. Turn off user account
> control and Vista should behave more like XP and not be such a pain in
> the ass constantly nagging over you having the right or not to do
> certain tasks, install hardware, run software and all the other things
> Vista now nags about pointlessly. You can turn it back on later once
> you get past the bump.
>
> My guess, 99.999% of all Vista users will sooner or later turn off
> UAC, it is poorly implemented, not that well documented and overly
> jittery setting off both false negatives and false positives warnings
> constantly.
>
> Security and Microsoft is just another oxymoron. They go together like
> oil and water.

Chad Harris

Re: my profile/Not setup question; post in general.
Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH

news8D9E971-D613-45B7-9342-F14093D08E6B@microsoft.com...