The Product Key You Typed Is Already In Use in

Carl

The Product Key You Typed Is Already In Use in
I have had some hard drive issues recently, and have therefore installed
windows several times on the same machine and activated it, while trying to
get my system running, now it says that the product key is in use, how can i
resolve this problem?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: The Product Key You Typed Is Already In Use in
You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

"Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC8783EA-0676-484A-9BD7-780F114BD3AF@microsoft.com...
I have had some hard drive issues recently, and have therefore installed
windows several times on the same machine and activated it, while trying to
get my system running, now it says that the product key is in use, how can i
resolve this problem?
philo

Re: The Product Key You Typed Is Already In Use in

"Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have had some hard drive issues recently, and have therefore installed
> windows several times on the same machine and activated it, while trying

> get my system running, now it says that the product key is in use, how can

> resolve this problem?

call Microsoft and explain the situation...
chances are they'll take care if it ASAP

brink

Carey Frisch (MVP);467952 Wrote:

> You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
> (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
> Enter.
> The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.
>

> "Carl" <Carl@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have had some hard drive issues recently, and have therefore
> installed
> windows several times on the same machine and activated it, while
> trying to
> get my system running, now it says that the product key is in use, how
> can i
> resolve this problem?

In addition to Carey's suggestion, this tutorial will show you how to
do a phone activation step by step.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
John Barnett MVP

Re: The Product Key You Typed Is Already In Use in
see this link on my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

--
John Barnett MVP