how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v

mano

how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v
I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried to
install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks installed.
Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my hard
disk and continue with the installation

regards
mano
Paul Randall

Re: how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v

"mano" <mano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
> installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
> hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

I went to the Sony web site looking for WXP drivers. I didn't find any.
Without WXP drivers, I don't think you will be happy with a WXP system.
Some new laptops are optimized for Vista.

I would advise going to the Sony web site and searching for info on
installing WXP on your machine. Maybe they have an online chat where you
can ask questions.

-Paul Randall

Thomas

"mano" <mano@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
> installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
> hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

use WindowsMe Boot CD, boot to dos prompt, execute fdisk and delete all
partitions ME finds (displays some weird junk instead of partition names)
after that XP recognizes the harddisk

greetings
Thomas

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v
What kind of XP CD? Generic OEM? Full retail? or maybe a DELL or HP OEM
type? It makes a difference..

"mano" <mano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
> installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
> hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

Richard Urban

Re: how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v
Your Sony has a SATA drive installed (I checked).

Therefore, you will have to press F6 when booting with the Windows XP CD and
install the appropriate SATA drivers. Then setup will be able to see the
hard drive.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"mano" <mano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
> installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
> hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

Abdel Armouti

"mano" wrote:

> I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried to
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

Mano my friend... You have to disable "Sata Native Support" which could be
found in the BIOS screen... i tryed that on my HP laptop.
David B.

Re: how to make windows xp cd recognise the hard disk preloaded with v
It's highly unlikely that your suggestion will work, just having Vista on PC
will not prevent XP setup from seeing the drive. The problem is likely do be
driver related.

--

----

"Thomas" <eu_piranha@gmx.net> wrote in message

> "mano" <mano@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i tried
>> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
>> installed.
>> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
>> hard
>> disk and continue with the installation
>>
>> regards
>> mano

> use WindowsMe Boot CD, boot to dos prompt, execute fdisk and delete all
> partitions ME finds (displays some weird junk instead of partition names)
> after that XP recognizes the harddisk
>
> greetings
> Thomas

macleod

mano;467875 Wrote:
> I am using a sony VGN-FZ140E vaio laptop with vista preloaded.When i
> tried to
> install windows xp, the bootable cd didnot recognise the hard disks
> installed.
> Is there a way out to make the bootable cd of windows xp, recognise my
> hard
> disk and continue with the installation
>
> regards
> mano

this is actually alot easier then you can imagine .. follow these
instructions..

1) Download and install NLite: 'nLite - Deployment Tool for the
bootable Unattended Windows installation - Download'
(http://www.nliteos.com/download.html)

2) Download and uncompress the XP Drivers:
ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/OS/XPDOW...XP_DRIVERS.ZIP

3) Run NLite

4) You'll be asked to insert your genuine windows xp cd .

5) Now you'll be asked to specify a location to save the cd to on your
hard drive .

6) Follow through the screens until you get to the action screen .
Select that you want to modify "Drivers"

7) Add a single driver

8) Specify the 1 SATA Driver\iaahci.inf file

9) Now you'll be asked what driver you want to include. Select the
82801

--
macleod