Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2007
Bung86
 

Posts: n/a
Vista

HI,

Having a bit of a problem and found this forum.
I was previously running normal 32 bit vista business.
But decided to upgrade to 64 bit.

Installed all componenents, new motherboard ASUS Deluxe, Athlon 6000+,
2gb Corsair ram, ASUS EN8400gs

Nothing else attached at the moment.

I try to boot from DVD, get to the part where I press any button to
boot from dvd and then the computer hangs and then reboots. Can't get
past this stage.
Any ideas?

Been looking around and no one seems to have this problem.
Tested the dvd in a different computer and loads up the installation no
problem.


--
Bung86
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2007
Bruce Chambers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista
Bung86 wrote:
> HI,
>
> Having a bit of a problem and found this forum.
> I was previously running normal 32 bit vista business.
> But decided to upgrade to 64 bit.
>
> Installed all componenents, new motherboard ASUS Deluxe, Athlon 6000+,
> 2gb Corsair ram, ASUS EN8400gs
>
> Nothing else attached at the moment.
>
> I try to boot from DVD, get to the part where I press any button to
> boot from dvd and then the computer hangs and then reboots. Can't get
> past this stage.
> Any ideas?
>


Double-check all of the connections for the DVD drive, and try a new
DVD drive, if possible.


> Been looking around and no one seems to have this problem.
> Tested the dvd in a different computer and loads up the installation no
> problem.
>
>



That eliminates the DVD as the problem.


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has
killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2007
Bung86
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista

dvd drive is fine. Got two, one of them giving a BOOTMGR not found and
this one giving this problem.

What may be giving it a problems, is the fact that the MOBO has only
got one IDE Port. Previously I had the Hard drive connected via IDE and
the DVD drive connected via the a sata converter.
On swapping it around I found that I could get access the windows
installation, however it said that my Hard drive (now on the sata
converter) was unsuitable or something along those lines(although
previously had Vista business 32 bit version happily installed), I was
able to format it before it said this however.

Tried connecting both Hard drive and DVD drive using one IDE but for
some reason won't work.

Could it be the software on the chipset? Can I update them without
having to install an opperating system?


--
Bung86
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
Wim Hekken ;-)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista
Bung86 wrote:
> dvd drive is fine. Got two, one of them giving a BOOTMGR not found and
> this one giving this problem.
>
> What may be giving it a problems, is the fact that the MOBO has only
> got one IDE Port. Previously I had the Hard drive connected via IDE and
> the DVD drive connected via the a sata converter.
> On swapping it around I found that I could get access the windows
> installation, however it said that my Hard drive (now on the sata
> converter) was unsuitable or something along those lines(although
> previously had Vista business 32 bit version happily installed), I was
> able to format it before it said this however.
>
> Tried connecting both Hard drive and DVD drive using one IDE but for
> some reason won't work.
>
> Could it be the software on the chipset? Can I update them without
> having to install an opperating system?
>
>


Jumper your harddisk as master and your DVD drive as slave. (The little
black things at the back off both drives.
--

Cheers,
Wim Hekken ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
Bung86
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista

I tried that, but it couldn't find either.

Is it possible to do a DVD and a Hard disk on one IDE?

If so you've saved me a lot of hastle.


--
Bung86
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
Wim Hekken ;-)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista
Bung86 wrote:
> I tried that, but it couldn't find either.
>
> Is it possible to do a DVD and a Hard disk on one IDE?
>
> If so you've saved me a lot of hastle.
>
>

It should work when you jumper the hard disk and DVD the way I told you.
--

Wim Hekken ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2007
peter
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista
When you hook up 2 drives to one IDE channel with the right cable you need
to designate one as Master...the end connection.....and one as Slave..the
middle connection.You also need to set the jumpers on the back of the drive
to the approbriate Master...Slave....Cable Selet position.
In this manner and with the BIOS set to boot the DVD 1st and the HD 2nd you
should be able to install.
Your problem might stem from that IDE to SATA converter.
peter
"Bung86" <Bung86.2xrmn7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:Bung86.2xrmn7@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> I tried that, but it couldn't find either.
>
> Is it possible to do a DVD and a Hard disk on one IDE?
>
> If so you've saved me a lot of hastle.
>
>
> --
> Bung86


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120