Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?Tmlja0xlZWRz?=

Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista?
I have a test rig with Office 2007 standard and Vista Enterprise:
I have another test rig but with Windows 2003 SP1 and Office 2003 Pro:
Both installations are vanilla and are on a brand new Vista accredited Dell
machine.

I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that includes a common VBA module which only
iterates through ranges of cells changing the values as it goes.

On the Win2003/Office2003 rig the VBA task completes in 5 secoonds.
On the Vista/Office2007 rig it takes 118 seconds (whether in compatibility
mode or after being saved as a macro enabled worksheet)

I have even rewritten the spreadsheet from scratch on the Vista/2007 rig as
a macro enabled workbook and that takes only 18 seconds to complete its
execution.

I'm quite worried that we may have to redevelop a significant number of
spreadsheets to accomodate this problem and that even then the result will be
that we will be working much slower with a new desktop than we were with our
old one.

These tests are being done because we need to know if our intention to
deploy Vista/Office2007 would be a mistake.... Currenetly I suspect the it
may indead be a major mistake to deploy the Vista/Office2007 combination.

If anyone has any constructive ideas that may help me with this problem then
please please speak up.
AJR

Re: Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista?
"Windows 2003 SP1" ?

@i

"NickLeeds" <NickLeeds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a test rig with Office 2007 standard and Vista Enterprise:
> I have another test rig but with Windows 2003 SP1 and Office 2003 Pro:
> Both installations are vanilla and are on a brand new Vista accredited
> Dell
> machine.
>
> I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that includes a common VBA module which only
> iterates through ranges of cells changing the values as it goes.
>
> On the Win2003/Office2003 rig the VBA task completes in 5 secoonds.
> On the Vista/Office2007 rig it takes 118 seconds (whether in compatibility
> mode or after being saved as a macro enabled worksheet)
>
> I have even rewritten the spreadsheet from scratch on the Vista/2007 rig
> as
> a macro enabled workbook and that takes only 18 seconds to complete its
> execution.
>
> I'm quite worried that we may have to redevelop a significant number of
> spreadsheets to accomodate this problem and that even then the result will
> be
> that we will be working much slower with a new desktop than we were with
> our
> old one.
>
> These tests are being done because we need to know if our intention to
> deploy Vista/Office2007 would be a mistake.... Currenetly I suspect the it
> may indead be a major mistake to deploy the Vista/Office2007 combination.
>
> If anyone has any constructive ideas that may help me with this problem
> then
> please please speak up.

Pavel

Re: Whats wrong with Excel 2007 on Vista?
Same problem with Access 2007 under WindowsXP or Vista.

Pavel

"NickLeeds" <NickLeeds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a test rig with Office 2007 standard and Vista Enterprise:
> I have another test rig but with Windows 2003 SP1 and Office 2003 Pro:
> Both installations are vanilla and are on a brand new Vista accredited
> Dell
> machine.
>
> I wrote an Excel spreadsheet that includes a common VBA module which only
> iterates through ranges of cells changing the values as it goes.
>
> On the Win2003/Office2003 rig the VBA task completes in 5 secoonds.
> On the Vista/Office2007 rig it takes 118 seconds (whether in compatibility
> mode or after being saved as a macro enabled worksheet)
>
> I have even rewritten the spreadsheet from scratch on the Vista/2007 rig
> as
> a macro enabled workbook and that takes only 18 seconds to complete its
> execution.
>
> I'm quite worried that we may have to redevelop a significant number of
> spreadsheets to accomodate this problem and that even then the result will
> be
> that we will be working much slower with a new desktop than we were with
> our
> old one.
>
> These tests are being done because we need to know if our intention to
> deploy Vista/Office2007 would be a mistake.... Currenetly I suspect the it
> may indead be a major mistake to deploy the Vista/Office2007 combination.
>
> If anyone has any constructive ideas that may help me with this problem
> then
> please please speak up.

Chad Harris

Re: Whats wrong with Excel/Not setup question. Post in Genral or excel.
I'd take this to one of the Excel groups. I don't mind answering Office
question on the Vista general group. I fail to see this as a setup
question. You posted it on a Vista setup group.

CH