HELP!

Kris.Divers@googlemail.com

HELP!
Hi Guys,
Just got a new laptop with Vista on it.
I have a problem with the Internet explorer v7
I understand that this cannot be removed but i was wondering if anyone
has had this problem!

I am able to connect to certain sites like google or Dell.com or
microsoft etc. however when i try to connect to certain other websites
like amazon and play.com etc. my browser seams to run but crash / run
very slow / not respond!
I have a 10mb broadband connection at home and my other laptop & pc
(both Xp home) work perfectly fine with the net.
I only seem to have a problem with this new laptop!
I have contacted Dell (where i bought it from) and they say it's not a
hardware problem therefore unable to help!
I have contacted my ISP and they cannot help
I am really getting frustrated now as i like Vista but there is no
point in me having this new laptop if i cannot use the internet
properly
The last thing i want to do is cancel my package.

Please can anyone advise any info which may be able to help???

Please e-mail me at kris.divers@googlemail.com if you are able to help
me!

Thanks

Kris

Jane C

Re: HELP!
Are you using a router? If so, a firmware update may be required. In the
meantime, you might try this:

- Click start
- Type: cmd
- Right-click cmd.exe when it appears under Applications
- Click Run As Administrator
- Type the following: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Press enter
- Restart your computer

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
<Kris.Divers@googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:1171544869.668951.43330@m58g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
> Hi Guys,
> Just got a new laptop with Vista on it.
> I have a problem with the Internet explorer v7
> I understand that this cannot be removed but i was wondering if anyone
> has had this problem!
>
> I am able to connect to certain sites like google or Dell.com or
> microsoft etc. however when i try to connect to certain other websites
> like amazon and play.com etc. my browser seams to run but crash / run
> very slow / not respond!
> I have a 10mb broadband connection at home and my other laptop & pc
> (both Xp home) work perfectly fine with the net.
> I only seem to have a problem with this new laptop!
> I have contacted Dell (where i bought it from) and they say it's not a
> hardware problem therefore unable to help!
> I have contacted my ISP and they cannot help
> I am really getting frustrated now as i like Vista but there is no
> point in me having this new laptop if i cannot use the internet
> properly
> The last thing i want to do is cancel my package.
>
> Please can anyone advise any info which may be able to help???
>
> Please e-mail me at kris.divers@googlemail.com if you are able to help
> me!
>

> Thanks
>
> Kris

Kris.Divers@googlemail.com

Re: HELP!
On 15 Feb, 13:49, "Jane C" <jellyb...@NOSPAMxjgarage.org> wrote:
> Are you using a router? If so, a firmware update may be required. In the
> meantime, you might try this:
>
> - Click start
> - Type: cmd
> - Right-click cmd.exe when it appears under Applications
> - Click Run As Administrator
> - Type the following: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
> - Press enter
> - Restart your computer
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)<Kris.Div...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1171544869.668951.43330@m58g2000cwm.googlegro ups.com...
>

> > Hi Guys,
> > Just got a new laptop with Vista on it.
> > I have a problem with the Internet explorer v7
> > I understand that this cannot be removed but i was wondering if anyone
> > has had this problem!

> > I am able to connect to certain sites like google or Dell.com or
> > microsoft etc. however when i try to connect to certain other websites
> > like amazon and play.com etc. my browser seams to run but crash / run
> > very slow / not respond!
> > I have a 10mb broadband connection at home and my other laptop & pc
> > (both Xp home) work perfectly fine with the net.
> > I only seem to have a problem with this new laptop!
> > I have contacted Dell (where i bought it from) and they say it's not a
> > hardware problem therefore unable to help!
> > I have contacted my ISP and they cannot help
> > I am really getting frustrated now as i like Vista but there is no
> > point in me having this new laptop if i cannot use the internet
> > properly
> > The last thing i want to do is cancel my package.

> > Please can anyone advise any info which may be able to help???

> > Please e-mail me at kris.div...@googlemail.com if you are able to help
> > me!

> > Thanks

> > Kris- Hide quoted text -

Hi Jane,

Yes i am using a router.
I think the brand is Peak.

How would i aquire this firmware upgrade?

Also what does the code thing you gave me actualy do???

Thanks

Kris

Chad Harris

Re: HELP!/ This is a question for the Vista general group.
Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH