Flashing my BIOS and Vista Ult. 64Bit OEM

Tim

Flashing my BIOS and Vista Ult. 64Bit OEM
I have just flashed my MSI K9A Platinum motherboard so that it will recognise
my AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2 6000, as it used to recognise it as an "AMD
unrecognised processor" or something along those lines.

Now because it thinks I have changed my Hardware I have to reactivate Vista
64Bit, so I try and all I get is "The product key you typed is already in
use", with the option of buying a new key, using another I "already have",
using a phone activation service (which I don't think will help) or contact
Microsoft support (which I have to pay £46/$92 for, because I have had my
Vista running for more than 3 months).

Can someone please tell what to do as I am not paying £46 pounds for tech
support, when it is the naff activation system which is at fault.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

PS My Vista will shut down in 3 days if I don't get something done.
Rick Rogers

Re: Flashing my BIOS and Vista Ult. 64Bit OEM
Hi,

Your solution is the phone activation method. Once a key has been activated,
the only way to reactivate is the phone method. If the automated solution
does not work, just hold the line for a real person who will assist you in
reactivating the system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just flashed my MSI K9A Platinum motherboard so that it will
>recognise
> my AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2 6000, as it used to recognise it as an "AMD
> unrecognised processor" or something along those lines.
>
> Now because it thinks I have changed my Hardware I have to reactivate
> Vista
> 64Bit, so I try and all I get is "The product key you typed is already in
> use", with the option of buying a new key, using another I "already have",
> using a phone activation service (which I don't think will help) or
> contact
> Microsoft support (which I have to pay £46/$92 for, because I have had my
> Vista running for more than 3 months).
>
> Can someone please tell what to do as I am not paying £46 pounds for tech
> support, when it is the naff activation system which is at fault.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>
> PS My Vista will shut down in 3 days if I don't get something done.

Richard Urban

Re: Flashing my BIOS and Vista Ult. 64Bit OEM
Use the phone activation - which you don't think will help!

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User