Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X

Mike Bernstein

Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard
based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean install? I have made
several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business without success. I have
had many BODs and once past those, and on the final setup screen, Vista has
told me on two occasions that it cannot configure a system component
(without saying which) and rolls everything back to XP.

Mike Bernstein

Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

Re: Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
I know it probably doesn't help much. But I've done clean installs on both
the A8N and the K8N Ultra. Only blue screen I got was applying the audio
drivers for the A8N, but I had a slightly older set and the newer set worked
fine

"Mike Bernstein" <mike.bernstein@REMOVECAPSchemlaw.co.uk> wrote in message
> Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
> motherboard based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean install?
> I have made several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business without
> success. I have had many BODs and once past those, and on the final setup
> screen, Vista has told me on two occasions that it cannot configure a
> system component (without saying which) and rolls everything back to XP.
>
> Mike Bernstein

Dustin Harper

Re: Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
64Bit works great with the AN9 Fatal1ty here. Clean install of Ultimate.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Mike Bernstein" <mike.bernstein@REMOVECAPSchemlaw.co.uk> wrote in message
> Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
> motherboard based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean install?
> I have made several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business without
> success. I have had many BODs and once past those, and on the final setup
> screen, Vista has told me on two occasions that it cannot configure a
> system component (without saying which) and rolls everything back to XP.
>
> Mike Bernstein

Mike Bernstein

Re: Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
In my case it is 32Bit but it looks like it might have to be a clean
install.

Mike Bernstein

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> 64Bit works great with the AN9 Fatal1ty here. Clean install of Ultimate.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Mike Bernstein" <mike.bernstein@REMOVECAPSchemlaw.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
>> motherboard based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean
>> install? I have made several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business
>> without success. I have had many BODs and once past those, and on the
>> final setup screen, Vista has told me on two occasions that it cannot
>> configure a system component (without saying which) and rolls everything
>> back to XP.
>>
>> Mike Bernstein

Mike Bernstein

Re: Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X
I fresh/clean installation worked first time - problem solved.