Upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows XP

Kasia

Upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows XP
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade a Win XP version in Polish to an Win Vista Ultimate
version in English. The upgrade has been disabled, for to reasons
apparently, because the system language is different and because the
partition I'm trying to install need to be converted to NTFS format. I
followed the instructions on a KB article to convert, however it doesn't
seem to work because the error message appearing is different from the one I
have in cmd see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926069/en-us
Can anyone tell me how to convert to NTFS and if it possible to install
Vista on a different language system?

Thanks in advance,

Kasia

Rick Rogers

Re: Upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows XP
Hi,

You can't upgrade to a different language version, you would have to clean
install it. Backup data, then boot to the Vista disk and you can repartition
as part of setup to get the needed NTFS volume (though I suspect the only
reason you are getting an error message is because the language versions are
different).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/