Vista Premium Control Panel View

K_Drive

Vista Premium Control Panel View
Hello.

I am hoping that someone can help with this.
I just upgraded from Vista Basic to Premium this morning.

I was downloading and installing some Microsoft Updates after going onto the
Internet. The MS auto-search found them.

When the 38 updates from MS download and were installing, I had the Device
Manager window open from Control Panel.

(I know that I need to close everything when installing or upgrading. The
Control Panel was probably minimized. I guess I can serve as a bad example
for others.)

When I open the Device Manager window now, it appears like image 01 linked
below.

It should look similar to the style in image 02 below.

It is not the Vista Classic view as shown in image 03 below.

Do I need to reinstall Vista Premium again to get this back?

The window displayed correctly before I ran the installation of the updates,
because I was using it before I ran the update installation. I suppose that I
can live with this
because the window functions correctly.

This is what I see now:
http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_01.jpg

This is the type of display that I should see:
http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_02.jpg

This is the Vista Classic view. Image 01 is not the Classic View.
http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_03.jpg

I sure would like to know how to fix this.

K_Drive

Paul Randall

Re: Vista Premium Control Panel View

"K_Drive" <KDrive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I am hoping that someone can help with this.
> I just upgraded from Vista Basic to Premium this morning.
>
> I was downloading and installing some Microsoft Updates after going onto
> the
> Internet. The MS auto-search found them.
>
> When the 38 updates from MS download and were installing, I had the Device
> Manager window open from Control Panel.
>
> (I know that I need to close everything when installing or upgrading. The
> Control Panel was probably minimized. I guess I can serve as a bad example
> for others.)
>
> When I open the Device Manager window now, it appears like image 01 linked
> below.
>
> It should look similar to the style in image 02 below.
>
> It is not the Vista Classic view as shown in image 03 below.
>
> Do I need to reinstall Vista Premium again to get this back?
>
> The window displayed correctly before I ran the installation of the
> updates,
> because I was using it before I ran the update installation. I suppose
> that I
> can live with this
> because the window functions correctly.
>
> This is what I see now:
> http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_01.jpg
>
> This is the type of display that I should see:
> http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_02.jpg
>
> This is the Vista Classic view. Image 01 is not the Classic View.
> http://www.geocities.com/boredcatowners/view_03.jpg
>
> I sure would like to know how to fix this.
>
> K_Drive

Your three pictures are of three different things. The second and third
items are two different paths within control panel. The first is device
manager which has nothing to do with control panel.

-Paul Randall

DOMINATOR

Re: Vista Premium Control Panel View

the first pic is of the device manager and the second is of the control
panel, and the third is classic view of the control panel. Nothing is
wrong, you must have gone into the device manager by accident instead of
the control panel. And whats this about not being allowed to do
something else while windows installs updates, im always doing things
when it updates lol, never had a problem. Only problem ive had is when
im typing on a different app and it pops up saying would you like to
restart and i dont notice and it restarts cause i was typing letters or
pressed the enter key. M$ is a bitch, you say remind me in 4 hours and
it asks you to restart again like 20 mins later, i think windows is the
biggest virus around, that and norton.

--
DOMINATOR

[image: http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/DOMINATOR.png]