how many drivers are supported in vista

=?Utf-8?B?cmVuaQ==?=

how many drivers are supported in vista
how many drivers are supported in vista?as many of the hardwares does not
work well with vista
Victek

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista

"reni" <reni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news35AD454-AE62-4591-B2EC-B196E3778BE7@microsoft.com...
> how many drivers are supported in vista?as many of the hardwares does not
> work well with vista

It's unlikely that anyone can answer this question. Do you have specific
hardware that you are concerned about?

Chad Harris

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista
Reni--

That question is impossible to answer because it's a moving target. MSFT
ships Vista with 19,5000 drivers burned on that DVD. They continue to add
drivers as they receive them from manufacturers via MSFT Update. If you
have specific hardware in mind, speak up. You m ight want to search the
Vista general group for a specific issue. It seems the last couple weeks,
that the setup group had morphed into a hybrid of a general group. I see
questions like this one, which is not specifrically a setup question here,
questions on Office, Word, Outlook lol. If you have a specific device or
devices you're having a hard time finding drivers for, or (I know this may
be inconoclastic but software has drivers as well--for example AV programs
all do) put it on the general group and we'll try to help you. There are
various compatibility lists on the web that are updated all the time.

CH

"reni" <reni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news35AD454-AE62-4591-B2EC-B196E3778BE7@microsoft.com...
> how many drivers are supported in vista?as many of the hardwares does not
> work well with vista

Paul-B

reni wrote:

> how many drivers are supported in vista?

42

--
Paul-B
Frankster

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista
> MSFT > ships Vista with 19,5000 drivers

Cool... how much is that?

-Frank
Zim Babwe

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista
They may have 19,500 drivers burned on the DVD, but only about 5 work!

"Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
> Reni--
>
> That question is impossible to answer because it's a moving target. MSFT
> ships Vista with 19,5000 drivers burned on that DVD. They continue to add
> drivers as they receive them from manufacturers via MSFT Update. If you
> have specific hardware in mind, speak up. You m ight want to search the
> Vista general group for a specific issue. It seems the last couple weeks,
> that the setup group had morphed into a hybrid of a general group. I see
> questions like this one, which is not specifrically a setup question here,
> questions on Office, Word, Outlook lol. If you have a specific device or
> devices you're having a hard time finding drivers for, or (I know this may
> be inconoclastic but software has drivers as well--for example AV programs
> all do) put it on the general group and we'll try to help you. There are
> various compatibility lists on the web that are updated all the time.
>
> CH
>

> "reni" <reni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news35AD454-AE62-4591-B2EC-B196E3778BE7@microsoft.com...
>> how many drivers are supported in vista?as many of the hardwares does not
>> work well with vista

JW

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista
Here is a link to the current Vista WHQL. You can check it to see if drivers
are currently available for your hardware.

https://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/Default.aspx

"Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message
> reni wrote:
>
>> how many drivers are supported in vista?

> 42
>
> --
> Paul-B

Robert Firth

Re: how many drivers are supported in vista
I'm pretty sure I'm using more than 5 drivers

--
* Robert Firth *