Programme Installation

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBEb29sZXI=?=

Programme Installation
I have recently got a new laptop with Vista on it, i am trying to install
several third party applications which i used on xp (i.e games, connectivity
software) however, when it is installing i get an error message stating that
it needs windows 2000/xp to install. i have looked on the vendors site and
tried to ask Microsoft about this but with no kuck, can anyone tell me of a
way of getting past this??
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Programme Installation
In some instances, you can try 'compatibility mode', but some stuff just
will not run..

"Mark Dooler" <Mark Dooler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently got a new laptop with Vista on it, i am trying to install
> several third party applications which i used on xp (i.e games,
> connectivity
> software) however, when it is installing i get an error message stating
> that
> it needs windows 2000/xp to install. i have looked on the vendors site and
> tried to ask Microsoft about this but with no kuck, can anyone tell me of
> way of getting past this??

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBEb29sZXI=?=

Re: Programme Installation
i have tried compatibility mode to get it to work but it still wont install,
is there any patches out that can help or is it just not possible. Just to
clarify, i have not yet installed these applications, it is the installation
i am having problems with.

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> In some instances, you can try 'compatibility mode', but some stuff just
> will not run..
>

> "Mark Dooler" <Mark Dooler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently got a new laptop with Vista on it, i am trying to install
> > several third party applications which i used on xp (i.e games,
> > connectivity
> > software) however, when it is installing i get an error message stating
> > that
> > it needs windows 2000/xp to install. i have looked on the vendors site and
> > tried to ask Microsoft about this but with no kuck, can anyone tell me of
> > way of getting past this??

Donald McDaniel

Re: Programme Installation
>i have tried compatibility mode to get it to work but it still wont install,
> is there any patches out that can help or is it just not possible. Just to
> clarify, i have not yet installed these applications, it is the installation
> i am having problems with.
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
>
>> In some instances, you can try 'compatibility mode', but some stuff just
>> will not run..
>>

>> "Mark Dooler" <Mark Dooler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have recently got a new laptop with Vista on it, i am trying to install
>> > several third party applications which i used on xp (i.e games,
>> > connectivity
>> > software) however, when it is installing i get an error message stating
>> > that
>> > it needs windows 2000/xp to install. i have looked on the vendors site
>> > and
>> > tried to ask Microsoft about this but with no kuck, can anyone tell me of
>> > way of getting past this??

You will have to speak with the manufacturers of your software. If software
is incompatible with Vista, it is not Microsoft's responsibility.

The software manufacturers have had months to get ready for Vista. In many
cases, it is just not cost-effective to develop a new version of software for
a new OS.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.