Vista ask for drivers before installing

Charlie

Vista ask for drivers before installing
Ok after booting in and setting the keyboard and stuff I click on the install
and it should ask me for the lincense (acording to what ive read on the
internet) I get a screen asking me for drivers and I have the option to scan
and browse

drivers for what?

what should I do here?
Richard Urban

Re: Vista ask for drivers before installing
Most likely drivers for your SATA hard drive. They must be installed before
the Vista installer can recognize the drive.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok after booting in and setting the keyboard and stuff I click on the
> install
> and it should ask me for the lincense (acording to what ive read on the
> internet) I get a screen asking me for drivers and I have the option to
> scan
> and browse
>
> drivers for what?
>
> what should I do here?

Charlie

Re: Vista ask for drivers before installing
so I should have the SATA drivers in a USB or floppy? those drivers are found
in the motherboard driver disc? (or were?)

another interesting thing I noticed during the "browse" option given to me
is that the DVD drive was no were to be found, is this normal? or Vista does
not recognise my DVD writer? and this is causing problems?

thanks

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Most likely drivers for your SATA hard drive. They must be installed before
> the Vista installer can recognize the drive.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok after booting in and setting the keyboard and stuff I click on the
> > install
> > and it should ask me for the lincense (acording to what ive read on the
> > internet) I get a screen asking me for drivers and I have the option to
> > scan
> > and browse
> >
> > drivers for what?
> >
> > what should I do here?

peter

Re: Vista ask for drivers before installing
The SATA drivers can be on CD...Floppy...USB stick. Unlike XP Vista will
allow you to search any of those locations.
The drivers can usually be found on your mobo CD..
peter